Axiom Home Page
Posted By: audiofan Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 03/31/08 06:59 PM
Hi,
I was wondering if you replaced the rubber feet under M60? The supplied spike with M60 won't help. I have tile floor and rubber feet does not stay still. I light push the speaker and it's shaking like hurricane. So i'm looking for good spike with protection disc. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

thanks.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/01/08 02:08 AM
Interesting, are you running your speakers on large setting, seems weird that they would be "shaking like a hurricane"?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/01/08 02:16 AM
Sounds to me like the feet or the floor may not be level.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/01/08 02:35 AM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
Interesting, are you running your speakers on large setting, seems weird that they would be "shaking like a hurricane"?
He is rocking it and finding they move.
 Quote:
I light push the speaker and it's shaking like hurricane

It does sound like the floor tiles are not even/level to each other, not many usually are. I think you may need to add some shims under one or more of the feet to even it out.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/01/08 03:33 AM
Gentlemen,

The solution to this predicament is obvious. Audiofan needs to upgrade to M80s which are heavier \:D .
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/01/08 03:50 AM
The simple and ( I thought..) obvious solution is to adjust the feet by unscrewing one or more to make the speaker sit level and even on all corners.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/01/08 04:07 AM
Haoleb, That was what I was going to say.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/01/08 05:51 AM
The rubber feet are not adjustable like the spikes. I guess he could try the spikes and adjust them accordingly, then use the rubber feet under the spikes to protect the tiles.

Just thought about my statement I guess you could put washers in between the speeker and the rubber feet to make them adjustable.
Posted By: Murph Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/01/08 01:04 PM
If it sever enough, perhaps a building a larger wooden base might be in need.
Posted By: vassillios Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/01/08 07:15 PM
one word...matchbooks

Yeah, cheap excuse to show that one again......
Posted By: medic8r Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/01/08 07:37 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph
If it sever enough, perhaps a building a larger wooden base might be in need.

For the last time, it's BASS!

;\)
Perhaps a set of outriggers would help?
http://www.oregondv.com/Axiom_Floor_Standing_Speaker_Stands_Plinths.htm

My home has hardwood floors, but I prefer the look of spikes to the rubber feet. I also had a problem with an uneven spot in the floor that resulted in one M80 being just a tad more wobbly that I would have liked. 100-year old homes will do that. \:\/

So I ordered just a set of metal floor pads from http://www.oregondv.com/spikes.htm . Specifically, the cups listed here http://www.oregondv.com/1375spike.htm . Yeah, absurdly expensive for a tiny metal disc, but it does the job. If you're industrious, you could probably make these yourself for nothing or have a local metal shop make them from scrap metal for the change in your couch.

So now I'm using the Axiom carpet spikes and these discs. Doesn't damage the floor, and looks really great (IMHO). And since the spikes are adjustable you can compensate a bit for an uneven floor. Worked really well for me, anyway.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/01/08 07:46 PM
Peter, what is the ballpark price of those?

If you're uncomfortable revealing that in public, you can PM me.
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Peter, what is the ballpark price of those?

If you're uncomfortable revealing that in public, you can PM me.

You caught me while I was editing my post. See the links above in the post.

$1/cup, so $8 would do a pair of speakers. Shipping was like another $5 or so. Quite expensive for what you are actually buying, but in the grand scheme of things, not so much really. It solved my problem, so I was content with that.

Edit: Or did you mean the outriggers? If so, I have no idea. You'd have to email them. I just bought the cups. \:\)
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/01/08 07:57 PM
Cool, thanks!
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Cool, thanks!

No problem! Hope it helps.
I think there was a link somewhere before to an Audioholics review and that they were in the vicinity of $120.

I'm still planning on building some in the next week or two.... which means it'll be in the next two months...
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/01/08 08:10 PM
I like the looks of those outriggers. You gotta post pics, Mark.

Like I need to remind you. . . ;\)
Posted By: audiofan Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/03/08 02:55 PM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack

I run it 'small'.
Posted By: audiofan Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/03/08 02:55 PM
\:\) i like the pic
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/03/08 03:00 PM
Your M80s are missing a driver and a tweeter. DHL or Photoshop?
Posted By: audiofan Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/03/08 03:00 PM
I actually put another large tile and speaker on top of it. It helps leveling , but i still prefer spike. I will look at the protector disc with new spike set. Hopefully, it will improve the look and the sound.

thank you all
Posted By: Murph Re: Do you replace rubber feet under M60? - 04/03/08 04:57 PM
Epoxy........
© Axiom Message Boards