Axiom Home Page
Posted By: stevef Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/11/10 05:24 PM
Hello everyone,
Speakers were split delivered Thursday/Friday. Set up was complete Saturday afternoon. I am one happy camper, they look great, sound better! Unfortunately I have already lost control of what we play. My wife is throwing every CD she owns at them. I guess I'll go cut the grass until the World Cup.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/11/10 05:42 PM
Appreciate her enthusiasm for great sound. However, if it is accompanied by Peter Cetera and Whitney Houston, I could see it as a real problem.

Have fun with your new stuff. And always plan to be home when she's out shopping.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/11/10 09:17 PM
Awesome Steve! glad your enjoying your speakers.
Posted By: Dave B Re: Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/11/10 11:46 PM
Originally Posted By: BobKay
if it is accompanied by Peter Cetera and Whitney Houston, I could see it as a real problem.

Those commercials have really done an amazing job putting Cetera back into the limelight. Now's a good time for him to capitalize and release a new disc.

I know I can't be the only one here who is totally willing to listen to any genre of music on the great speakers, just so long as the recording is of high quality... my fiance recently grabbed a few crappy modern club songs (California Gurls, Party in the USA, etc) on my computer. While they're awful, my main complaint wasn't the music, but the fact that she wasted 2 bucks on MP3s instead of something of better quality.
Posted By: Micah Re: Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/12/10 12:01 AM
Before getting my M80's I read a lot of people talk about what revealing speakers they are. That they shine with good recordings, and show the flaws of bad one's. I fully expected at least half of my music collection to be unlistenable on them as I had heard there are plenty of CD's that are/were recorded very poorly.

Much to my delight however I have never played a song and immediatelly decided it must have been recorded by a bunch of idiots. Every song I've played to date (including MP3's) have sounded just as astonishing as the next. I will admit to hearing rather brilliantly recorded music. But the songs that haven't been 'extra special' haven't puked themselves out of my speakers... They just weren't, 'extra special'.

So all in all I have to say, I haven't been disappointed by anything. smile
Posted By: fredk Re: Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/12/10 12:10 AM
I was originally like you Micah. Now, there are some discs that, while they sound good, I wish they sounded incredible because I REALLY like the music.

I have listened to some bonus material on a Jethro Tull disk that was actually painful to listen to.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/12/10 12:13 AM
Congrats on the new speakers.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned how much we like pictures, especially of anything with "HG Cherry" in the name wink
Posted By: fredk Re: Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/12/10 12:15 AM
Its in the forum rules. Steve, you have read the forum rules havn't you?
Posted By: bridgman Re: Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/12/10 03:30 AM

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/12/10 04:15 PM
laugh
Posted By: Micah Re: Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/12/10 07:15 PM
I dug up a copy of them for you Steve, here they are...

Originally Posted By: Official Axiom Forum Rules...

1. All posts shall be 25,000,000 characters or less.
2. Any recommendations in favor of Bose products will be laughed at.
3. All pictures of nude speakers must be 18 years or older.
4. Absolutely NO arguing on any Axiom forum except for those members who chose to participate in such activities.
5. Drinking imported beer is strictly not prohibited.
6. Pictures of newly purchased speakers must be posted in the forum within 14 days (7 days for high gloss cherry finishes).
7. Hooking up said speakers with 'Monster Cables' will be met with frowny faces.
8. Auditions at SRoodes home theater are highly recommended.
9. Pictures of half naked ex-girlfriends are also acceptable.
10. Members refusing to post pictures of high gloss cherry speakers are required to post extra galleries of half naked ex-girlfriend pictures in their stead.

wink
Posted By: medic8r Re: Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/13/10 01:08 PM
smile

Nicely done.
I couldn't agree more with you Micah! smile
Posted By: stevef Re: Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/13/10 04:42 PM
As a new forum member I will do my best to comply with the forum rules. I am up to #5. Limiting to inventory in stock consumed at a moderate rate. Bottles before cans. Accelerated consumption would negatively impact rule #6 unless pictures of my retina are acceptable substitutes.
Posted By: SRoode Re: Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/13/10 04:48 PM
Micah usually breaks Rule #1... wink
Posted By: medic8r Re: Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/13/10 04:59 PM
LOL, nice return of serve, SRoode.
Ok what exactly was the point of this thread without pictures? ... If you're going to post a thread about some nice new speakers just claim that they're in a standard finish that the commoners get, and thus making the requirement of posting pictures of said speakers unnecessary. grin
Posted By: Micah Re: Auction HG Cherry M50v2's have arrived! - 07/14/10 07:59 AM
Originally Posted By: SRoode
Micah usually breaks Rule #1... wink

Ooooooooohhhhhhhh don't make me prove I CAN do it!

crazy
© Axiom Message Boards