Axiom Home Page
Posted By: julian_y Horrible Purolator - 06/17/11 11:49 PM
I lived at an apartment in Toronto and ordered my HT system delivered by Purolator. That was when the nightmare began.

My system was picked up by Purolator on 14th and I received 10 boxes out of 11 on 16th. The Purolator driver told me that I should receive the last one that day afternoon.

However, it is 17th now and I got nothing so I decided to give them a call this afternoon. The toll free line is horrible that I waited over 20 minutes to get the chance to talk to the customer service. The lady told me the address was incorrect since the driver might not be able to use the entrance screen to find my buzz code. What the hell! Then how did you manage to deliver the 10 boxes on 16th? I repeated my address information and she said I would receive it no later than 8 pm today.

I checked the track number later this afternoon and unsurprisingly that they failed to deliver again. I called Purolator again and waited over 30 minutes to get in! The lady who answer the phone told me I can only expect to receive my box next Tuesday.

I am completely pissed off. Now my EP500 v3 Subwoofer is missing and I can only wait until next Tuesday to set up my HT because I hired someone to place the speaker cables for me.

Axiom, please avoid this horrible carrier.

Please see the tracking detail below:

2011-06-17 05:53 PM Address Correction Required via TORONTO (DWNTWN/CTR VILLE),ON depot
2011-06-17 11:50 AM Address Correction Required via TORONTO (DWNTWN/CTR VILLE),ON depot
2011-06-17 09:30 AM On vehicle for delivery via TORONTO (DWNTWN/CTR VILLE),ON depot
2011-06-17 01:03 AM Shipment In Transit via TORONTO (DWNTWN/CTR VILLE),ON depot
2011-06-16 09:24 AM Address Correction Required via TORONTO (DWNTWN/CTR VILLE),ON depot
2011-06-16 07:33 AM Address Correction Required via TORONTO (DWNTWN/CTR VILLE),ON depot
2011-06-15 02:40 PM Address Correction Required via TORONTO (DWNTWN/CTR VILLE),ON depot
2011-06-15 08:44 AM Address Correction Required via TORONTO (DWNTWN/CTR VILLE),ON depot
2011-06-15 07:15 AM On vehicle for delivery via TORONTO (DWNTWN/CTR VILLE),ON depot
2011-06-15 04:00 AM Shipment In Transit via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot
2011-06-14 04:42 PM Picked up by Purolator at Reception from SHIPP at DWIGHT, ON via BRACEBRIDGE, ON depot

By the way, I purchased VP180, M80, EP500 and 2 pairs of QS8. I will share my listening experience once I recieve my EP500 next week.

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/17/11 11:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Julian.

Is it possible to request picking up your box at the Purolator depot? If they are not too far.
Posted By: julian_y Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/17/11 11:59 PM
I don't have a car, St_PatGuy. Besides, it is too huge that I don't think my friend's car can fit it in.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/18/11 12:40 AM
Ah, okay, that makes sense.

Maybe try calling Axiom and see if they can contact Purolator. They might have more luck since Axiom does a lot of business with Purolator.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/18/11 12:57 AM
The irony is today I picked up a Tim Card to give to my Purolator driver the next time he comes around. I guess your driver won't be getting a tip? grin

Wacky things can and do happen when you live in an apartment for deliveries. Unfortunately, these sort of horror stories happens with all the shipping companies.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/18/11 02:33 PM
I don't think Axiom has control when Purolator is used in certain parts of your country.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/18/11 08:39 PM
Originally Posted By: sirquack
I don't think Axiom has control when Purolator is used in certain parts of your country.

Purolator is a Canadian shipping/courier. It wouldn't make any sense to use UPS, USPS or Fedex.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/19/11 06:10 AM
The OP is in Toronto, UPS or Fed Ex could be used but as has already been stated this type of service happens with all the carriers.

BTW the EP500 isn't that large. I think it would easily fit through a rear door in to the back seat of a 4 door vehicle.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/19/11 09:15 PM
Ummm, yeah I know that, but as Jason mentioned, he is in Toronto.
Posted By: Murph Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/20/11 03:10 PM
I have had horrible luck with all couriers on occasion. However, they all seem to share one quality. Amazon must give them awesome Christmas gifts because I have Never Ever had an "in stock" Amazon purchase arrive late. It's uncanny, really.

Posted By: casey01 Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/20/11 03:38 PM
I would go the route of getting back to Axiom, since as has already been stated, they do a lot of business with Purolator. Keep in mind though, that although I am sure there is absolutely "no connection" whatsoever, Purolator is owned by Canada Post and we all know what is going on with them at the moment.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/20/11 03:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Murph
I have had horrible luck with all couriers on occasion. However, they all seem to share one quality. Amazon must give them awesome Christmas gifts because I have Never Ever had an "in stock" Amazon purchase arrive late. It's uncanny, really.

Dude, you just tested fate! Order a big set of stemware and a bowling ball, just to see.
Posted By: julian_y Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/21/11 04:53 PM
I checked the tracking record today and found out that Purolator actually delivered yesterday but showed "Address Correction Required " again. The funny thing is that I got my newegg package from Purolator just now.

I think I made myself pretty clear when I called Purolator last time but I don't know what happened to the customer service or the driver.

Now I am trying to contact the customer service but I even can't get connected. Ridiculous.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/21/11 05:00 PM
Can't you pick up the package at your local Purolator shipping center after hours? Might be the best course of action at this point.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/22/11 12:13 AM
He doesn't have a car and isn't sure the box will fit in his friend's car.
Posted By: julian_y Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/22/11 04:10 PM
Things get worse. I was told to stay at home yesterday to receive my package but nothing happened. When I checked the tracking detail, it showed "Attempted Delivery - Customer Closed ". What the heck, I couldn't go out that day because of the shipment and I checked my cell phone that I didn't miss any calls including the buzz call.

Today I waited another 20 minutes for the horrible toll free line to talk to the Purolator customer servie and she asked me to pick it up by myself. As St_PatGuy has mentioned that I don't have a car. It is impossible.

I also contacted Axiomaudio to see how things go next.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/22/11 09:23 PM
See! If Kanada weren't so squidgy about guns, you'd have "thought" of a solution already.

Purolator used to be in the US. Maybe they got really bad and we relegated them to the foreign market only---you know, like we do with FDA banned pharmaceuticals.

Sorry it's being such a drag. Stop using the web for tracking info and call them instead------ repeatedly.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/22/11 09:50 PM
Maybe the send-to address got fudge-bricked on that one package.
Posted By: julian_y Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/22/11 11:17 PM
I called Purolator numerous times and in order to talk to the customer service representative, I have to wait 20-30 minutes to get connected EVERY TIME. They really suck.

I called Axiom today and they said they would ask Purolator to deliver tomorrow.

My worst purchase experience ever.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/23/11 02:25 AM
Julian that really sucks, my guess is tha fact that you live in an apartment is the reason for your problems. The driver, in my opinion, is just too lazy/busy to bring the sub up to you and fudging those non-delivery codes they keep telling you about, just so he can do easier deliveries.
Posted By: julian_y Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/23/11 03:30 AM
Canadian shipping companies are terrible. I also had bad experience with UPS who refused to deliver my 120" projector screen to my door (actually this can be fitted into my building's elevator) and asked me to pick it up at the ground floor.
Posted By: julian_y Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/23/11 03:49 AM
I am not alone. So many people have terrible experience with Puro-LATER.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/purolator-a52182.html
Posted By: jakewash Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/23/11 04:57 AM
And Purolator is not alone if you look up Fed Ex and UPS on that board, unfortunately it is the name of the game and it all depends on luck and from I can tell the area in which you live. For example I have had good luck with all 3 delivery companies....... I hope I didn't jinx myself.........<<knocks on wood>>
Posted By: julian_y Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/23/11 05:18 PM
Finally got my EP500 this morning!

I will set up my system and share my review later on.

Cheers!
Posted By: cb919 Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/23/11 07:48 PM
Good news. Was it delivered finally or did you find a way to pick it up? Looking forward to your impressions.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Horrible Purolator - 06/24/11 01:43 AM
Congrats and way to stick with it. I hope you find the system worth the wait.
© Axiom Message Boards