Axiom Home Page
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Moving....free stuff! - 02/16/14 04:16 PM
If there is anyone in the Calgary, AB area who is curious about acoustic panels, but doesn't want to make 'em, you're in luck. They must be picked up in Calgary.

I am moving across country and can't jusify the added expense to move them. I'll make new ones. There are 3, 2 x 4 3" panels and 2, 1 x 4 3" panels availabe. They are inert roxul rockwool and have been in no pets no smoking home. They are mdf frames with roxul inserted and wrapped in fabric.

Here they are:
http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthre...nts_#Post386199

What do I want in return? Tell others how they changed your listening experience!
Posted By: JBG Re: Moving....free stuff! - 02/16/14 05:06 PM
where are you moving to?
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: Moving....free stuff! - 02/17/14 03:50 AM
Way east. PEI.
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: Moving....free stuff! - 02/17/14 05:17 AM
Panels are spoken for. smile
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Moving....free stuff! - 02/17/14 05:23 AM
Originally Posted By: JBG
where are you moving to?

That is a huge change in scenery and stress level. Maybe need to revise your screen name .
Posted By: Murph Re: Moving....free stuff! - 02/17/14 03:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Hellcommute
Way east. PEI.

WOOT !!!

Are you a returning Islander or are you "from away".

FYI for other's. Local culture breaks everyone down into those two categories. You were either born here or you are "from away".

Back in the early 1900s there was a lady born on an iceboat crossing from PEI to the mainland. Weather or not she is "from away" is still a topic of great debate.

It's not that you are considered a lesser individual but the title is assigned one way or the other.
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: Moving....free stuff! - 02/17/14 04:10 PM
hahahaha! I know exactly what you are talking about. I am "from away" but my fiance is from PEI --but born in NewBrunswick.... so from away too. smile

There isn't really a strong local consumer market in PEI for gear so I'm tacking up now. When I'm there I hope to make a trip to the states for east coast audio shows.

Maybe we can meet up sometime.

I should change my username to "fromaway"
Posted By: Adrian Re: Moving....free stuff! - 02/17/14 04:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Murph
Weather or not she is "from away" is still a topic of great debate.

Great...even the weather influences the debate.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Moving....free stuff! - 02/17/14 04:35 PM
Very interesting thread since i'm eyeballing a move west (BC).
Maybe our planes will cross in the air.

And that puts me that much further away from Murph....
Posted By: TroyD Re: Moving....free stuff! - 02/18/14 02:50 AM
Welcome to the good ole Canadian East Coast, right up snowstorm Alley, make sure you pack your snowblower wink
Posted By: Murph Re: Moving....free stuff! - 02/18/14 12:20 PM
Indeed any yes, by all means. Let me know when your settled and we can meet and make fun of he rest of these guys.
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: Moving....free stuff! - 02/18/14 08:25 PM
Sounds cool. Panels are gone.... my empire is crumbling! ha!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Moving....free stuff! - 02/19/14 05:07 AM
Originally Posted By: Murph
Indeed any yes, by all means. Let me know when your settled and we can meet and make fun of he rest of these guys.

Happy scribbling!

scribble scribble
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: Moving....free stuff! - 02/22/14 09:49 PM
Now that the panels are gone I realise how much of an improvement they really made. Hard to listen to music in this room now. So smeary and lost detail. No seperation between the layers in tracks.

Room decay time is longer so dynamics are lost. Sounds flat. Poop. Interesting how 100$ or so can really change the whole listening experience.

Next room will be designed with these as a mandatory requirement. Incredible difference. Still gobsmacked. frown
© Axiom Message Boards