Axiom Home Page
Posted By: RickF V2 ... ? - 03/03/06 06:14 PM
Our second pair of QS8s along with the VP150 arrived safe and sound yesterday but I did noticed that both products were labeled 'QS8 V2' and 'VP150 V2' ... the only difference I can visually see between my old QS8s and old VP100 to the new 8s and 150 is the speaker wire connecting/binding post. Is there anything else internally different with the new stuff? I knew they did this with some of the floor standers but I wasn't aware the same was done to the rest of their line.

The QS8s in a 7.1 system is quite amazing and the difference between the VP100 and 150 was far much more than I had ever expected, we are extremely pleased with the whole Axiom system!
Posted By: Richie Re: V2 ... ? - 03/03/06 08:58 PM
All of my Axiom speakers (see below) have v2 stamped on them.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: V2 ... ? - 03/03/06 09:19 PM
You have me curious now Rick, I'll have to go home now from work and check my Axioms to see if they are V2, whatever that refers to...
Posted By: hashts Re: V2 ... ? - 03/03/06 09:56 PM
Richie,

Where are they stamped with V2? Like sirquack now you also got me curious. How long have you have your speakers?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: V2 ... ? - 03/03/06 10:03 PM
The m80's have a sticker on the backside of the speaker that denotes them as V2's.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: V2 ... ? - 03/03/06 10:11 PM
From Soundstage.
"The most significant change is in the crossover, which Ian has been working on throughout the years and has deemed significant enough now to warrant the v2 designation. Ian tweaked the crossover to achieve better linearity, both on- and off-axis, in his quest to produce a speaker that’s as close as possible to his design ideals: flat frequency response, high output capability, and low distortion. Although the M80 v2 is claimed to be more linear than the M80ti, the rest of the specs remain the same. The claimed anechoic sensitivity is 91dB/W/m, and the nominal impedance is said to be 4 ohms."

Posted By: medic8r Re: V2 ... ? - 03/03/06 10:18 PM
ahhh, that explains it.

Thanks for tracking this down.

You da man!
Posted By: RickF Re: V2 ... ? - 03/04/06 12:35 AM
Both the shipping boxes and the speaker type/serial number sticker on the backside of the speakers I received yesterday had 'V2' printed after the speaker type. I did check my 1 year old QS8s and they did not have the 'V2' designation ... sonically I cannot tell any difference whatsoever.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: V2 ... ? - 03/04/06 01:13 AM
That quote is only referring to the M80ti's though, correct?

Posted By: HomeDad Re: V2 ... ? - 03/04/06 01:18 AM
Yes, the article refered only to the M80's, but it sounds like Axiom made the change to much of it's line, the binding post change was also in the full article.
Posted By: JohnK Re: V2 ... ? - 03/04/06 03:56 AM
Note that a couple of months ago Alan clarified the v2 point during this thread .
Posted By: Richie Re: V2 ... ? - 03/04/06 05:55 PM
Sorry! I was away for a few days. My speakers have v2 written on the back on the sticker that has the serial number. I bought them late last year. Although now it seems that I have always had them! :-)
© Axiom Message Boards