Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Tharkun One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 07:01 PM
EP500 Review
Posted By: bugbitten Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 07:05 PM
Thanks for the link!

Very Nice.
Posted By: Tharkun Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 07:24 PM
Looks like it could be the year of the 500, I may have to try one eventually. [ for the garage ?]
Posted By: spiffnme Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 07:36 PM
Hmmm...makes me wonder. Is the EP500 a better designed sub than the EP600 or is the EP600 just priced a bit out of most people's range? I hear a non-stop stream of raves about the EP500, but you don't hear/read nearly as much about the EP600. ???

Posted By: dllewel Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 07:42 PM
I would bet the EP600 performs a little deeper and louder as spec'd. But the EP500 is a better value for the money, that and not everyone can convince the other house members to go with the size of the 600? Just my guess.
Posted By: craigsub Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 07:44 PM
Spiff - The EP-600 does everything the 500 does, plus it hits about 1/4th octave lower and about 2-4 dB higher SPL, depending on frequency. The EP-500 is just a more palatable package for most homes.

Having had "Epic" series subwoofers in our system for over 6 months now, nothing has changed my mind about their performance. They are flat-out spectacular.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 07:52 PM
Glad you chimed in Craig. It was pure speculation on my part. Having heard neither of them.

From all I've been reading an EP500 would sound very, very nice in my home.

I guess I need to play the lotto.

Posted By: Tharkun Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 07:54 PM
I would tend to agree with David as to the 600, the additional cost and the size could be a WAF issue for sure. Our interior designer was not happy with the pair of 600s in the room,she believes the size of them was a bit much for the room, but as I mentioned to her, she does not have to live with them.

Posted By: alan Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 08:23 PM
Hey, you always lay the EP600 on its side, in its horizontal orientation. It's
Posted By: alan Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 08:24 PM
And you can always lay the EP600 on its side, in its horizontal orientation, if you order the Horizontal version. It's much less obtrusive that way.

Regards,
Posted By: Ajax Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 08:34 PM
I love my 500, but if I had a dedicated theater room, with a front projector, and a nice big screen, the 600, in the horizontal configuration would just look crazy good, and sound that way too.
Posted By: RickF Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 08:42 PM
Actually our 600 looks pretty darn sweet tucked in the right front corner of the room in the vertical position along with the 80's which are parked on either side of the 73" TV. The only other thing I would imagine that might look better is maybe a second 600 to match the loner.

Running a pair of horizontal 600s may look a bit funny, or maybe just different ... in my thoughts anyway.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 09:10 PM
I would think a 600 would look small next to a 73 inch tv!

At that point everyone has accepted that large is good.
Posted By: RickF Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 09:30 PM
Bug, actually it doesn't look small but it's just not as overwhelming, the 80s look a wee bit on the smallish side but they sure do make up for it in sound though....man they sound nice in there.
Posted By: medic8r Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 09:56 PM
I agree with everyone on the WAF issue. That was it for me, moreso than price, in choosing the 500 over the 600. Now she's trying to get me to put a decorative vase on it. She didn't see what the problem would be, as it would not be holding anything, and therefore would not "hurt" the sub. I told her that it wasn't the sub I was worried about hurting, and that heck, we could put two of them on there and watch Master and Commander. It would be our own miniature sumo match - first vase off the sub is the loser...
Posted By: newkid2005 Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 10:12 PM
real happy with the 600. WAF was not really a factor since she didn't know about the purchase till they all arrived neatly packed in big packages.....she did wonder about how many "HTIB" did i order......once i started to unpack them you should have seen the look on her face.....but she did help me haul the big babies into the media room.......but she also enjoys them....sometimes more than me !!!!!!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/13/06 10:47 PM
Axioms getting alot of good press lately, I'm ready for some new products
Posted By: KC23 Re: One More Axiom Review - 03/14/06 12:06 AM
In reply to:

I told her that it wasn't the sub I was worried about hurting, and that heck, we could put two of them on there and watch Master and Commander. It would be our own miniature sumo match - first vase off the sub is the loser...

Had a good belly laugh on that one. Funny stuff.

© Axiom Message Boards