Axiom Home Page
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 03:55 PM
Hey guys, decided to get a new video rack yesterday. If you look in the gallery you will see the old setup. It just looked too messy with the wires and such. Anyway, here is the new setup.

Samsung HLR-6178W 1080P DLP

Denon AVR-886S

Axiom 5.1 Epic 60 500 HT

Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD-DVR

Samsung HD-DVD 850 (Will replace with Dual HD-DVD Blu-Ray player when it comes out.)

Belkin PureAV Power Console PF30

Everything connected via MonoPrice HDMI and MonoPrice Optical Audio.

Posted By: HomeDad Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 03:59 PM
Jay
Looks great, very clean.
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 04:06 PM
thanks Michael. took me all of yesterday to set up the damn thing! haha. you should have seen me moving the TV from the old rack to the new one. i did it all by myself, not easy!!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 04:14 PM
Jay, very clean look, very functional.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 04:20 PM
I saw that rack when I was looking for a piece to hold all my business, too. Very nice.
Posted By: Gena Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 04:29 PM
Looks great, very clean.
I would spread the m60 more. They stand too narrow, I think.
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 04:38 PM
gena, you have to remember that my TV is a little more then 5 feet wide. the picture is deceiving. the speakers are about 6 1/2 feet apart from each other which is perfect for the seating area that is not shown in the pic.
Posted By: ChicagoTC Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 05:47 PM
Nice setup, love the TV i have the same one just a 56". I also have the M60s, and VP150. I like mine so I can attest your setup is sweet!
Posted By: BruceH Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 05:59 PM
In reply to:

you should have seen me moving the TV from the old rack to the new one. i did it all by myself, not easy!!

You are one brave person. I would not trust myself to move something that akward and that expensive on my own.

My wife would look at your space and say to me, "why can't you set it up like that?!". Blast you neat freaks!
Posted By: simboticus Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 07:10 PM
Looks nice! they do seem a little close to the back wall. Have you tried pulling them out 6 inches or so?
Posted By: KC23 Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 07:25 PM
Nice clean looking set up.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 07:40 PM
No! I can't make myself say it!!

OK; I will:

Yeah, it looks clean, I admit it.

It also has a fabulous color match and great proportions.

And no rats nest in back!

Behind my set-up looks like that devil plant in Harry Potter #1 that tried to strangle the kids!

Now I'm depressed.

Thanx.
Rich.
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 07:42 PM
simboticus, they are about 8 inches from the wall. its the camera angle and lighting that makes them look like there so close.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 07:47 PM
In reply to:

Behind my set-up looks like that devil plant in Harry Potter #1 that tried to strangle the kids!

LOL, mine is the same, still haven't figured a way to clean it up.
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 07:48 PM
LOL @ F107plus5.

I had the wires everywhere also. After a few months I just couldnt take it anymore. All the wires are now under the rack and out off site.

I had to cut a big hole out of the back of the rack in order to fit all the cords. The pre drilled holes just were not big enought.

I started putting it together around noon yesterday and didnt get done setting it all up until around midnight. i took brakes in between but it was no simple task. glad its donw though!
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 07:51 PM
This is how the setup used to look. You can see alot of the wires going from the rack to behind the TV. The only way I was able to get rid of the wires was to eliminate the side rack.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/images/new2.jpg
Posted By: HomeDad Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 07:53 PM
Okay, now I feel worse, your old pics are still cleaner than my tangle
Posted By: Tharkun Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 07:59 PM
Congrats on the project, looks great !
Posted By: ChicagoTC Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 08:17 PM
I sill see one speaker wire and a sub cable. You should really take care of that "mess"
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 08:51 PM
LOL@ChicagoTC.

I was just thinking, maybe I should paint the cable white like the baseboard on the wall. The thick cord on the left is actually the Power cord for the Belkin Power Conditioner. The sub cable on the right simply wont tuck under the base board.
Posted By: medic8r Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 09:00 PM
Let me add my compliments also - very nice, clean look you got there. My only concern would be if your components had enough room to breathe. Do you get much airflow?

I bet you are loving that HD. Do you have DirecTV or cable?
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 09:08 PM
medic8r, the reciever and the DVR box can get pretty hot which is why they are both alone on there own rack. there is about 6 inches of space above the reciever and about 2 inches on the side. the dvr has about 3 inches of space above it and 2 on the side. if i have the system on for long peroids of time i will keep the glass doors open. for regular use though it should be fine. there are 4 cord holes on the back that give it a little room to breath. i also made one of the holes about 2 inches bigger.

I have Time Warner Digital Cable.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 10:00 PM
Very nicely done!
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 10:29 PM
after medic8r made his post, I started to doubt myself. i went and felt my DVR and it must have been 150 degrees on the top of it. i decided to take the 2 doors off the front and see if that helped. sure enough after about 10 minutes the DVR was much much cooler. i actually like the look without the doors better. you can see the components much better now.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 10:31 PM
If you look closely at my pictures, I had the same DVR problems...So I raised the TiVo on top of 2 Atari cartridges under each corner. That helped a lot.
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 10:32 PM
just to give an idea of the cords in the back.

Posted By: RickF Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/13/06 11:31 PM
Very nice setup New2 ... clean, functional and very pleasant on the eyes, great job!
Posted By: sonicfox Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/14/06 12:45 AM
Wow...a very nice setup! So modern, sleek, and clean. It looks like a photo out of a magazine!
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/14/06 01:22 AM
Thanks everyone. I forgot how friendly everybody is around here. I have been over at AVS for the last few months and it just dosent have the "family" feel that this board does.
Posted By: Wid Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/14/06 01:35 AM

In reply to:

I have been over at AVS for the last few months and it just dosent have the "family" feel that this board does.

Sure it does, it's like a family of vultures.

Btw, real nice set up.

Posted By: HomeDad Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/14/06 01:38 AM
LOL, I was thinking Family Feud.
Posted By: jinhan Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/14/06 02:32 AM
Really nice looking setup. Silky and smooooth.
Posted By: INANE Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/14/06 02:42 AM
/AVS on

ya nice whatever

/AVS off

Very nice setup, I'm in the process of figuring out what I want to do for the Samsung DLP I will be getting next month. I have all my equipment in cabinets on the side but I'm worried about finding a stand that will work with my VP150. Never considered it the way you have yours. Some food for thought there.
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/14/06 05:38 AM
inane, it took me a little bit to figure out what i wanted to do with the rack and components and VP 150 placement. i really couldnt find a rack that was in black that also had the right measurments to hold the components and the VP 150 in the center. im glad i made the decision to place it where I did. my center channel is now right at ear level and sounds even clearer then before.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/14/06 02:51 PM
I've got my center placed the same way, under the TV with a slight lift in the front, sounds great.
Posted By: medic8r Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/14/06 05:10 PM
Ha, I L'dOL too. Family of vultures, indeed.

New2Axiom, glad to hear that your system doesn't have a fever anymore. As I search for my new audio rack, I think I'll go with the open look also to avoid the need for a cooling fan.

Looks great!
Posted By: NEW2AXIOM Re: New Rack - Pics - 04/15/06 03:03 PM
Had to raise my seating level by about an inch and a half as eye level was just slightly off from the center of the screen. Im a Picture Quility freak and while there wasnt much of a difference, the extra inch and a half put my eye level at dead center of the screen and the picture is ever so slightly brighter.

I used 4 of the little rubber stands that Axiom sends with the speakers and put them under the feet on my sofa. also got a wood board that was about an inch thick and put it under the seat cushions so you dont "sink" down when you sit.
© Axiom Message Boards