Axiom Home Page
Posted By: barilkobart Something more suitable for rock music? - 10/24/08 12:09 PM
Found this:

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/101917-axiom_m3_speakers_with_axiom_fms_24_speaker_stands

I'll trade him some BOSE cubes!

BarilkoBart
M60/VP150/QS8/AX1.5
SVS PB10
Harman Kardon DPR-2005
Bryston 3B
OPPO DV-970HD
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Something more suitable for rock music? - 10/24/08 02:10 PM
I think JP has some Cerwin Vegas lying around...
Posted By: myrison Re: Something more suitable for rock music? - 10/24/08 02:48 PM
Looks like what he needs is a sub, not new speakers.
Posted By: Murph Re: Something more suitable for rock music? - 10/24/08 07:14 PM
I'd love to trade him my Harmon Kardon bookshelves for those but if he would even bite, I'm normally to cowardly for Internet trades. Be nice to have a matching finish for 7.1 rears though.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Something more suitable for rock music? - 10/25/08 05:00 AM
M3's + Rock Music = Utopia (this guy must be an idiot) \:\)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Something more suitable for rock music? - 10/25/08 05:34 AM
Remind me not to have a differing opinion about Axiom speakers in your presence, Randy.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Something more suitable for rock music? - 10/25/08 05:44 AM
You and Ken have rubbed off on me through the years, time for a vacation. lol
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Something more suitable for rock music? - 10/25/08 07:49 PM
I'll tell you what: that's the last time Ken and I make a Randy sandwich.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Something more suitable for rock music? - 10/25/08 08:12 PM
But we'll always have the memories.
Posted By: CV Re: Something more suitable for rock music? - 10/25/08 08:20 PM
Maybe a hypnosis sandwich will rid you of those.
Posted By: SatKartr Re: Something more suitable for rock music? - 10/26/08 05:25 AM
This is cracking me up again because the title, "Something more suitable for rock music?" reminds my mind and ear so much of the inane logic of that classic thread, "Why Axiom, over somethin' better than Klipsch?"

If memory serves .
Posted By: myrison Re: Something more suitable for rock music? - 10/26/08 02:35 PM
Oh yeah, that was a classic thread. That guy showed up and disappeared all in one day. How surprising! \:\)
best rock speakers hands down are the Cerwin Vega D-9 series from mid late 80's. I had 4 of them stacked utop one another in D'appolito array,...what a sound, like a wall of music, had 4 mcintosh mc1000 mono blocks powering them, talk about LOUD, my neighbors would come over just to give a listen and say"WOW" chest slamming, clear highs, midrange was just awesome on some yngwie malmsteen solos and Megadeth solos. Gary Moore sounded like he was in the room, amnd ear plugs were optional, i had them lying around all the time just in case
Posted By: medic8r Re: Something more suitable for rock music? - 10/27/08 11:35 AM
Wow, I would have liked to have had a pair of those D-9s.

As Ken mentioned, I have a pair of D-1s from that same era. They are two-way speakers with a tweeter and an 8" woofer. Up the line there were the D-3, D-5, D-7, and then the D-9, which, I believe, had a 15" woofer.

Sadly, in the process of moving the D-1s last week, I discovered that the woofers are shot - they crumbled when I touched them. Now I have to learn about replacing them. Thank goodness for Mark's woofer measuring thread a while back.
Maybe not.....
After researching some, they ended up in the trash.....
Posted By: medic8r Re: Something more suitable for rock music? - 10/27/08 03:20 PM
So, if I want to repair those C-Vs (I gave up on repairing CV), what do you guys think of going with something like this?

It looks like my speakers are intact except for the orange ring of foam that this proposes to fix.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Something more suitable for rock music? - 10/27/08 03:52 PM
What have you got to lose? $15? Better than $100/200 for new woofers.
 Originally Posted By: medic8r
So, if I want to repair those C-Vs (I gave up on repairing CV), what do you guys think of going with something like this?

It looks like my speakers are intact except for the orange ring of foam that this proposes to fix.

I would contact cerwin and ship the woofers to them, maybe cost a bit more, but its done correctly, they can check the crossovers and tweets for you for damage and email you solutions and/or corrections to fix
© Axiom Message Boards