Axiom Home Page
Thought I heard from forums saying they sound similar.

I like the sound Paradigm Monitor 7 v7. Bright enough yet not harsh. I also like the sound signature of all Paradigms be it studios or the sigs. Everything paradigm just sounds right to me.

I just wonder if the type of sound Axiom put out is similar too. If yes I think I'll try out one.
I've never been able to listen to them in the same room at the same time but yes I think they sound similar.
Posted By: Murph Re: Does Axiom Speakers Sounds Like Paradigm? - 02/26/13 12:59 PM
I have and yes, very similar.
If you do some searching you will find mine and many other reviews of the two together.
I've not heard them both, but I had figured that someone who had would chime in that they are, indeed, similar. That was the impression I had gathered on the boards. Must be a Canadian thing.
Both brands were developed through the NRC program and have similar design goals.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Does Axiom Speakers Sounds Like Paradigm? - 02/26/13 02:55 PM
It used to be that the Axioms were compared to the Paradigm Studio series, rather than the Monitors, but that was quite some time ago.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Does Axiom Speakers Sounds Like Paradigm? - 02/26/13 03:03 PM
Tom hit the nail on the head. Both companies offer neutral, uncoloured sound reproduction with similar bass extension, imaging, sound stage and power. Business models are quite different between the two companies, id vs dealer network. Good luck and enjoy whichever speakers you choose, they are both very good.
Woot!

Splashy nail!
Orange and blue!
Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
Orange and blue!

Yeah! Go Hoos Go!
They do sound similar although I found M60's to have a broader frequency response than the Monitor series a few years ago. The M60's extended lower and the soundstage seemed to be more enveloping somehow, almost like there were speakers on the side of me. I auditioned the entire Monitor line at Audio Ark here in Edmonton vs. the M60 for 2 hours or more using their Arcam amp and CD player. The rep there was awesome. I was almost sorry that I couldn't bring myself to like to Paradigms enough to buy them. If you like the Paradigm sound, you will be very impressed with Axioms. Nothing that I auditioned in the price range (or even double) of the M60's could touch them including Paradigm, B & W, Kef, Energy, or Klipsch.
I own Monitor 11 v5 and M80 v2 and they sound quite similar; only a side-by-side comparison would register any difference. If anything the Axioms seem a bit more forward than the Paradigms, but certainly not harsh. Not sure if this has carried on with v7 vs v3.
Hello again. Thanks for all the responses. Very surprising to know they share so much similarities!

Good news is I would love to have my speakers sound forward. But the brightness of Paradigm monitor 7 v7 seems like a step down from the previous v6.

I'm considering the M50 and hoping it would be brighter than the monitor v7 but warmer than the v6. How does the current M50 compare to the monitor v6 in brightness?

Finally is Axiom speakers made in Canada? Do they have sales once in a while?

Edit: And btw pairing with a Denon 2312CI and Outlaw LFM-1 EX sub
Yes the speakers are made in Canada and yes there are sales once in a while. You're not likely to see more than about 10% off though. You could try the auctions or factory outlet.
Posted By: Murph Re: Does Axiom Speakers Sounds Like Paradigm? - 02/27/13 03:44 PM
Brighter / warmer might be difficult for people to respond to without being a bit subjective. However, Axiom posts the frequency graphs for all of thier speakers online so you could bring up both models and see how they perform a bit differently at relevant frequency areas. Just be careful to make mental notes of any differences in the scaling used.

Still though, you could study graphs and specs for hours but nothing beats hearing them both side by side as, unless you're trained to do otherwise, your brain will still likely make a preference based on personal subjectivity. Nothing wrong with that. We like what we like!
YOUR room matters. A lot.
Originally Posted By: AskingAQuestion
Thought I heard from forums saying they sound similar.

I like the sound Paradigm Monitor 7 v7. Bright enough yet not harsh. I also like the sound signature of all Paradigms be it studios or the sigs. Everything paradigm just sounds right to me.

I just wonder if the type of sound Axiom put out is similar too. If yes I think I'll try out one.

I have compared the Axiom M3 and Paradigm Sig 2 in room. They were quite different in many ways. In terms of sound, the M3 is definitely brighter. The Sig 2 were more refined especially in the midrange IMO.
Posted By: onn Re: Does Axiom Speakers Sounds Like Paradigm? - 02/27/13 06:36 PM
Originally Posted By: doormat
I own Monitor 11 v5 and M80 v2 and they sound quite similar; only a side-by-side comparison would register any difference. If anything the Axioms seem a bit more forward than the Paradigms, but certainly not harsh. Not sure if this has carried on with v7 vs v3.

He lives!
Ha!

He was down here visiting over Christmas.
If you can swing it, at least get the M60's.
Originally Posted By: onn

He lives!

Yeah, been away from the forums for a while blush .

Originally Posted By: AskingAQuestion

... Do they have sales once in a while?

All of my speakers are factory seconds from the Factory Outlet. 10% off and I've been hard pressed to find blemishes on them.
© Axiom Message Boards