Axiom Home Page
Let's try this again, shall we? first you should visit the head(can, potty) whatever u call it lol and grab a refreshment.

what I have and what I've known. Rather reluctantly I must say, but here goes nothing.

Presently, I have a yamaha YSP-1 (single speaker do it all ... thing)
and a yamaha YSP-515 (sub)
all processing is built in, so no receiver to speak of.

Past system, I've been to embarrassed to bring it up till now, but figured what the hell , after things that have happened here in the past. so laugh to yourself cause I DO NOT want to hear it! OK? ok

hope this in't TOO boring

Bose 701's got me going, here is why. being military, units have xmas parties and give some spendy door prizes, someone won the 701's , great right? they party on for some time. Take the two boxes out to load in the car trunk. they didn't fit. uh, oh. one drunk says to the other drunk , "lets just take them out of boxes and put them in that way, we only have to go to the barracks". that's where things fell apart, literally! ONE of the 701's were dropped and the cabinet was really messed up ( it was decapitated) the whole head was broken off and the lower cabinet rather messed up as well. It so happens that the exchange was MAJOR COOL , and gave the guy a replacement set. Instead of just returning as junk to bose or where ever they tried to sell them. I think they were like 700$ each selling price NEW. so they were asking 500$.

This is where I come into the picture. I know my way around a woodshop. I'll leave it at that. I'm thinking one flawless, one broken. I checked it out and to the manager "good luck selling those" each week the price got lowered. it hit 250$ for the PAIR . I jumped on it like stink on sh!t! sorry I'm a bit long winded aren't I? hehe the short of it, I worked some major magic in the woodshop and Pieced frankenstein back together. I'm still proud of that feat *pats self on back* lol

I need to step back a FEW steps a few months Prior I bought a very marked down Harmon Kardon AV rec. the model eludes me now. so I had mains and harmor kardon. Ever the bargin hunter I had eyes at a different bases exchange/bx/px a set of um... 501's? i think they were. floor models that had the tweeters poked in, so got them at a great discount and ..... now here's a TIP for those that don't know you can do it.
I took some semi tacky masking tape fashioned it into a sticky side out small circle, stuck it on the pushed in tweeter and popped those suckers out. no worse for the wear. Then I found a JBL center speaker , ,and bose 301's,, again CHEAP lol

So I had a 5.0 setup, happy happy. I never found I need a base, as i ran both 501's and 701's at the same time. VERY 3D sound. large soundstage. mind you I am NOT an audiophile by any stretch of the imagination. I would say they were forward , great lows and highs and lacking somewhat in the middle. in short I LOVED them. the series of the 701's was changed the next year as many complained about the power it needed for full deep bass. I too found it not as low as I would like.

I happened across a super HEAVY old phase linear power amp, I THINK it had 700watts per, dont' quote me on that, it could have been 350 to each. it had been modded by someone in "the know" and has an extra 4o r5 inches of heat plate secured to the stock heat sink and 3 120mm fans on the rear. NOW with that sucker hooked up I was REAL happy with the bose 701 low end, fan noise at low levels sucked (from the phase linear) but thats another story.

The short of it is with either set up then or now I get NO "ear thing" going on. mind you if I maxed the trebble on the HK and cranked the bose speakers it would give me ear problems.

So there you have it , that is all I have to offer of what I've heard that I can say I liked. OH stop... ONe friend had a cerwin vega setup that i VERY much liked . hadn't thought of that in some time. it was KICK @SS , the woofs in this thing were HUGE , I think it had horn tweets, but don't hold meto that. I found the bose sound actually more enjoyable to my ears as I do the yammy I have now. but not sure that is a fair comparison in the least. that s that about what I've had and liked.

what I didn't like and bothered my ear the most of anything ( i know this it totally NOT home hifi) but friends that had those tweeters , beer can size and smaller on their dash or mounted anywhere in front or above. the indoors were tolerated much better. those dash kind would rattle my ear even at moderate volumes.

This thread is here to share my thoughts, comments and Questions , as to IF Axioms and my ear can play well together. the word BRITE WILL be used . PLEASE take no offense to ANY question or comments I may have that you may find a 'slap' to your beloved brand. OK? Civil and polite in ALL instance of discussion please. I'm here to learn, and we learn from questions. Again no BS in here PERIOD.

I'm have prelim hearing test 17th. and WHO KNOWS when the REAL test will be. any in mil. or prior mil. will certainly know what I mean.

can't remember off the top of my head who (sorry) it was but someone mentioned having ear prob's themselves and tinitus? the ringing thing? I am thinking I have the same thing, and have had for quite some time. its moreso in my left ear (the same one that gives me the trouble with tweeters) If i how do I say this? hehe If I put my finger in my ear and shake it. it seems to disappear fro a few seconds then comes back. Its MUCH more noticeable in quiet places, its sorta constant faint zzzzzzz , very seldom it does get um.... more intense and hurts inside.

well there is my novel for the day. i look forwar to hearing everyones thoughts on this, and who knows maybe others that have "ear things" will see it and we can share and learn from one another. Thanks for your time and consideration, it IS VERY MUCH appreciated. Take my word on that. thanks

Stone__Man

who put a spel on the cheker? lol (NO offense intended, please )

Stone__Man, I think it may be difficult for any of us to determine if Axioms will be good for your situation.
The Axiom line in my opinion are detailed and precise, that may or may not work with your ears. I know others on the board that have similar ear problems, that have no problems with the Axiom line.
I also own another pair of speakers from Tyler Acoustics Link They are excellent speakers , but a bit more expensive, the reason I mentioned these is because they have a phase switch on the back of the speaker for louder (more laid back) listening, or for a normal listening mode, these you could adjust for you hearing preference.

You sound like a candidate for the M50s.
Here is the logical thing for you to do:

Go to hear speakers in a store...(the usual suspects, Tweeters, Cicuit City, Best Buy, etc.).

Then, after listening to a variety of "comps" to the Axiom type, and price range...(take your own GOOD cds of course)..see how many, or if any of the speakers demo'd bother your "ear thing".

If not, or only a couple do...then ok, the odds are good...... buy some speakers.

If most do....then sorry, ANY brand of loudspeakers may not be right for you.
took a gander there , beautiful ! "a bit more expensive" is a BIT of an understatment though lol YIKES.

which do you have btw?

I'm going to check out all that is there in more detail , if they sound as good as they look , then WOW! I do appreciate another maker being brought up. Thanks for sharing HomeDad

Why, I started this.
Some asked me to give my speaker experience and I tried to do that and tried to say what I liked and didn't.

I'd very much like to hear from ANY who have any sorta ear problems. If they don't want to share hear , PM works for me. Similarities and differences , what bothers your ears , what helps eleviate those problems, if anything. Thats the MAIN reason I put EARS in the topic title. As I'm sure there is more than one other that has some umm. damage to their hearing, that might like to discuss it here.

lastly I'd LOVE more detail on a 'resistor' as a helper, and PM is fine by me for that as well. Thanks
Stone__Man
I have the Taylo Reference Monitors that I use as surrounds and am very pleased with them (large soundstage, precise imaging) Ty also has a selection of used/new speakers at a big discount, that from what I have seen are flawless.
Wid already replied to you in the hijack post in regards to hearing/ear issues and how Axioms work for his problem. Your mileage may vary, and you need to decide for yourself, we can't tell you. I would recommend auditioning Axioms if someone is in your area, check the audition thread. Or, make use of the 30 day in home trial and judge for yourself. Most likely you won't send them back, I didn't.
OK here goes. I have tinitus in both ears. It is worse in the left ear. I also have about 70% hearing loss in my left ear. It is in the higher frequencies. Not sure off hand but I'll try to find the hearing test and get back to you. I generally get around the hearing inequities by a slight move in the balance knob on the reciever. 70% sounds significant. So why just a slight move on the balance knob? I'm not sure but I guess it has to do with the freguencies at which the loss occurs. I very occasionally have a little pain. It can be either ear. One thing I can say for sure is that the amount of caffein definitely effects how bad the tinitus is.
I know this because a few years ago due to an illness I had to give up caffein for about 18 months. The tinitus situation definitely improved. It did not disappear completely but it was greatly diminished. Unfortunately, right after successful treatment of my illness and cessation of the drug treatment I went right back to using caffein. I could kick my self for starting in again. I mean I proved I could do without it but I guess I never stopped missing it.
Decaf doesn't do it for me. Anyway enough of this. I just thought if you are using caffein you might want to cut it for a while and see if you have the same results.

I have heard many many brands of speakers. I have to say I don't think many of them actually set anything off as far as my hearing goes. Some of the cheaper ones had very shrill sounding tweeters. They did not cause any pain in my case. At least not physically. They were just awful to listen to and in that sense they were painful.

I tested many before making my purchase. I first bought a pair of 60's. I posted a detailed review of them in the hearing things thread after my audition at another owners house. I then purchased m3's to put in my office. They a hooked up to my computer and a vintage tube amp. I bought these based purely on the reviews and of course my satisfaction with the 60's. I just recently lucked into a pair of m22's. I have them currently in the bedroom. In case it matters to anyone the 3's and 22's are v2 and the 60's are not. This does not matter to me in the least. I know from when I purchased the 60 that they are v2 they just don't say it.

I listen to music all the time. All of the speakers are in 2 channel set ups in different rooms. I am currently saving my change for a pair of qs8's. Once I do that I will switch out the Bose 901's with the 22's, as fronts in my HT and the 901's will be moved to the bedroom. The center channel will be next and then I'll worry about upgrading the sub (Polk Audio 10in.) But that is down the road a piece unless I have a windfall of some kind.

Lastly and most importantly I am very pleased with all my speakers. I didn't go out and buy a whole HT set up a great expense and now feel compelled to justify my investment. I had the 60's just about a year before buying the 3's. So I had a lot of time and many hours of listening to decide. Are there better speakers out there? Of course there are. But at what cost? I like the speakers because they sound good at both high and low volumes. They are extremely detailed. I never suffer from listener fatigue even at high DB's. This was something I had experienced with other brands.

I would be remiss if I didn't include one other thing that greatly influenced my decision on making subsequent purchases from Axiom. A company is only as good as the people it's comprised of. In my dealings with Axiom I have had personal contact with Alan, Amie, Brent and Noreen. I think that's everybody. Each and every one of them has provided outstanding customer service making sure that I was satisfied or that my questions were answered. This is a company that cares about their image, their products quality and value, their employees and perhaps most of all their customers. I don't think they need to resort to gimmicks to goose the numbers of sales by a few units.

Sorry I can't speak directly to your hearing problems. I can't address The "B" word because my deficit is in the high frequencies. This is common in old geezers. I absolutely don't find them "B" as a matter of fact that is one of the things that I love about the speakers most. I will say this. I have an "audiophile" (whatever that is) friend who says he is "extremely" sensitive to high frequencies. He came on the audition with me to hear the 60's. It was a Friday night. On Monday at work he said to me did you order your speakers yet. I said no. He said "What are you waiting for?" I said you mean you liked them. He said he thought they were awesome. Nuff said!
Sorry this was so long everyone. Especially those of you that have heard some of this before.
oz

I meant to add in my essay above that I agree with Bruce. I think you might be a prime candidate for m50's and m3 family of speakers. This is based on your fondness for Cerwin Vega's signature sound. I hope the 50's posse will not take umbrage with this comment. I don't mean to imply that the 50's bass is as slow and bloated as the CV's.just that he might get a little closer to that sound with the more "laid back" Axioms.
oz
I have taken the liberty of copying Wid's points made with regards to hearing problems and his experiences. As I think some others may appreciate it as much as I. I hope you don't mind Wid, if you do mind please tell me and I shall remove it.
In reply to:

I will try to address the hearing (or ear) problems you talk about.

I too have had trouble with my ears for a numbers of years. I have had far to many inner ear infections to even count. At one point haveing to have drain tubes inserted into my ears for right about six months or so.

I also have had some pretty serious bouts with sinus problems affecting my hearing. As of right now I have a ringing in both my ears (tinnitus) I cannot or will not ever get rid of. There is times when this gets to the point that I have pretty sharp pains that shoot through my left ear and causes me a tremendous amount of pain. To rid myself of this I have to go on a series of different medications.

When I went to the ENT for my last hearing test it was noted that I had some hearing loss in the higher frequencies starting at 4 KHz. It was not substantial but it was indeed there.

Now on to the Axioms and their affects on my ear problems. I can with out reservations tell you that my M80s has no ill affects on my ability to enjoy my music. As a matter of fact it is a blessing that I found a speaker that I can clearly hear a cymbal when brushed or hit. Other instruments are (to me) reproduced as if they were right in the room with me. A guitar sounds like what it does in person, same goes for the piano, brass instruments and every other forms of reproduced music I have had the pleasure of hearing.

I hope this gives you some comfort in knowing that even though my hearing is far from perfect I can still sit down with my favorite tunes and the Axiom M80s bring a big sh!t eating grin to my face every time.

BTW is there a speaker, either past or present, that you have listened to that could give us some sort of referance as to what you like?

Rick

Now, thanks all for sharing ear related points, and the others as well.

The M50, seems to be the umm . . . ugly duckling , of sorts as I have seldomly seen talk about it on here. Seems most skip from the M22 right to the M60 in their considerations. thanks for pointing it out to me again. I shall look more closely at it.

If any that own/owned the M50 would like to share their thoughts that would be way cool. and if any can touch on their take, of the differences in the sound sig's of the M50 v the M60-80.

I know diddly about understanding 'graphs' but I hope to learn more. As I think it may be lead to a technical understanding as to what speakers may or may not be for me. where the bumps and dips occur across the spectrum, in relation to what makes my ear vibrate.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
For those that do not know. a few points.

I'm military and overseas.

auditioning and mailing back could be quite expensive.

local auditioning , I'd have to drive 8 1/2 to 10 1/2 hours ONE way to a city that would have hifi shops, paying tolls one way approx. 300 USD. that coupled with the language barrier its just not gonna happen.

I had a firecracker mishap , and lost some hearing in higher freq's in my left ear, coupled with a very annoying .... (can't nail the right discriptor) distortion, in what I here at higher volumes and when speakers are . . . lets say 'distinct' and maybe 'metallic' in the tweet's ( again struggle for safe wording) .

Actually, the best that I can offer for understanding is:

Imagine your ears are speakers and your left tweeter if blown/hosed/shot/cracked. follow? cool now what is going to affect your blown tweeter the most and make it audibly TELL you that it is blown?

I hope that paints a clear enough picture for others to understand , as that is the best I can come up with.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

oz350z, VERY MUCH appreciate your sharing, as I say there is a comfort when others have a commonality with you, we all seek it, we are human. I'm no doctor but I think I have tinnitus as well. and YES , MUCH caffine. have to see what they tell me after testing. thanks again.

I guess my experience is so limited with HOME hifi cause most of my frineds were single and car audio was what was "cool" . ( mind you this was BEFORE hiphop) lol . I did like the cerwin vega's very much, it was several years ago so I can hardly say its what I like now but it and the bose I used and the yammy now is all i really have to go by for home hifi, and what I THINK I like.

I KNOW I can be long winded, sorry ,
Stone__Man
I think by now, you have eliminated any possible scenario for getting speakers you will like.

You may want to consider some other "hobby", or interest..........such as model railroading, or something.
model railroading humm......

thought about it , nope TOO many moving parts for me.

FYI LT61 you can go throw your hook somewhere else, I see what your fishing for. Too Bad! I don't like your bait. No lunker for you to mount on your wall. But, I'll give you an E for effort.
take your corn over to the crappy pond you may catch a few there, they eat that stuff up.

A tip for you,

take LOTS of corn cause you'll need quite a mess of 'em to make a good fish fry. and they can clean your hook quicker than you can holler "lookie here".

If you or anyone else wants fishing tips shoot me a PM, ya hear?
Larry, don't even bother with this guy, it is not worth your time or effort. If you want some good fishing advice just give me a call.
LT
Good to see you around.

In reply to:

Larry, don't even bother with this guy, it is not worth your time or effort.

I have to say I agree 100% sirquack
So take your own advice , and don't even bother with me & posting in this thread, as neither of you are trying to add anything of ANY use to anyone except yourselves.

Have a nice day
Stone Dude,

I would suggest treating people on our forum, like you do on AVS. I see when people offer advice to you over there, your very positive and thankful. For whatever reason you don't seem to listen or realize that people have tried to help you on this forum. There are a lot of great people around here, one of the reasons I don't hang at AVS anymore, to many trolls just trying to stir up trouble and bash the Axiom name.

I found that many of them have never actually heard Axiom, they just base the comments on word of mouth.

Anyway, we like it when new people start hanging around these parts, just play nice and try to contribute to a good environment.

ps: Thanks for your service in the US Military...

WERD
Stone,

This has gone on long enough. While you may think that you are being polite and apologetic to those whom you have offended on this sight…..you are not. Many nice folks have tried to help you, over and over again. But yet no matter what advice you get, you ignore it and ask the same question again in what would appear to me, in an attempt to find an answer that is in line with what you want to hear. You have gone so far to offend Amie, which was an amazing accomplishment in itself. I have not once seen anyone piss her off and I’ve been visiting these forums for two years now. You pissed off Tom and again, I have not ever seen him riled before. If anything, he’s one of the nicest and most patient participants on this sight.

Now you’re starting to irritate me, and I always stick up for folks when the posse comes to string them up. Again, another amazing accomplishment.

You’ve mentioned numerous times that you are military. Well start acting like a soldier and less like an ass. You are an ambassador to our country on an international forum. Some of your comments and your general behavior is not one that I expect from our service men and most definitely do not positively portray our country.

I happen to be a combat veteran with many friends still serving, as well as family members that are commissioned officers. I respect anyone who serves, but I also expect a whole hell of a lot more from them than I do a civilian. You are not meeting my expectations, and I’m quite certain that you’re behavior on this sight does not meet your C.O’s expectations either.

Maybe you should suck it up, objectively look at some of the comments that you have made and try to understand why they were taken as offensive and make amends.

In reply to:

Maybe you should suck it up, objectively look at some of the comments that you have made and try to understand why they were taken as offensive and make amends.

are you so blinded by your desire to be a guard dog that you can't see that is what I am trying to do? I have said SORRY, you want blood or what? I don't understand some of you, I really don't.

thats much nicer, thank you, sirquack it IS appreciated

for all

If I may . . aherm . . . what has happened , as it appears to me, I asked a few questions and made some comments, granted in an ill advised manner, that touched raw nerves. I have said SORRY for that several times and yet it seems some can't let it go.

the FACT of the matter is other than the times pointed out above. I HAVE indeed been positive, thoughtful and thankful both giving or getting input here on the Axiom forum . and any other forum for that matter. All one need do is read other posts I have made, you will find that I have made it very clear how much I appreciated help/guidance/input what ever it may be, large or small. I dare say that I stress my appreciation moreso than many others do.

I feel I hit the "nail on the head" with my observation of "poking in public" vice PM. It takes away the fuel.
*this last posting by mdrew is a case in point, feel big now beating it to death?*
NOT ONE person here who found it fine to jump on the "bandwagon" in the open , (or anyone else for that matter) has sent any PM's that were negative. interesting, but not the least bit suprising to me.

I fear NOONE , believe it! why on earth would I? so if you wanna verbal war send me a PM and I'll HAPPILY plaster you like you wouldn't believe. , cause I ain't gonna do it in open forum just so YOU can feel good about yourself in front of your budz, something to wear like a medal of honor. so NO MORE BULLSH!T or I'll be the one sending PM's with disparaging remarks, take that to the bank!

Aime, I am truly sorry, I addressed the issues of my concern in such poor taste, and that I have offended you. forgive me if you will

the text is bold for ALL to clearly see , now everyone stop beating it to death already.

So now . . . PAAA-LEASE! whats done is done let's move on. If you want to hold a grudge thats your choice, personally I don't live my life that way (even as Stone__Man online). I am a big enough man to admit when I do wrong. I STRONGLY believe in forgive and forget. That principal alone has brought me much comfort in my life. I harbor NO ILL WILL toward ANYONE. So let the sh!t stop here. I hope I have been clear and understood & that we can all move on already.

Peace,
Stone__Man
Maybe we could make this thread into a sitcom episode.

Anyone here a producer?
I'm not a producer, but you got me thinking as to who would be good casting choices for all of the principals of this thread... come to think of it, that would be a cool thread: which actor would you want to play you in "Axiom Forums - the Movie"?!

I'll post it in the Water Cooler.
gene hackman comes to my mind
Anyone ever say something to you like "Your actions speak so loud I can't hear a word you're saying"? From reading this thread, I think that it is your tone that is coming across much more strongly than the careful words you seem to trying to use. Maybe you've just had one too many for clear thought before posting this time. I agree with several of the writers that you are hitting some nerves: sometimes the way you say things is more important than what you say. Usually I don't get involved with your type of person, since your opinions are quite set, and no one can change them. I wish you luck in finding what you want to hear. It may not be here, however.
I'm not the least bit suprised by what anyone has posted here, disappointed but not suprised.

like so many goats to the slaughter, with blind faith following the ques of the few.

I think its laughable that some of the 'wisemen' have determined that Axioms just aren't for me. why? oh yes not real sonic reasons, nope, but instead simply cause I piss some people off and so therefore 'their' beloved speakers surely can't 'fit' for such a man as I.

I'd like to thank those that have taken time to share helpful info with me, you know who you are. For the vindictive and comedic lot, I thank you to. It's quite odd that someones view of a product can be so blurred by the views of others. I came here to this forum trying to be sure that axioms would work for me, what I have found is noone can say anything remotely negative without getting flamed for it. while on the other hand say positive things and your stroked like a loved pet.

Interesting how axioms are going to work for those that come calling here AND always UPSOLD to spend more money, NOT by staff, but buy the forum faithful.

If any of you that are looking to see what setup may work for you I advise to NOT ask any questions here on the forum at all, **some are genuinely helpful, but mostly you'll just get an upsell cause that person has what they 'reccomend'** ... Instead use the "home theater wizard" and call or email staff, as they won't upsell you on any product of higher cost.

case in point, going from what is said by some, axioms aren't going to work for me NOT for any real reasons that pertain to my hearing, but simply cause they want to dislike me from comments and questions and how I may come across to them. That's about as UNhelpful as things could be.
You started off on the wrong foot. You've admitted that. The problem is that you continue to stomp that foot and kick up dust in practically every post you make. The reason you're having such an awful experience here is that you're creating an awful experience for others. Your posts are tedious, tactless, and downright rude. People are simply feeding you back what you give them.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that nobody wants to help a jerk.
Stone: I think that the board members have been very patient and helpful toward you and your problems/ issues.

We have reached a point where enough is really enough.
It's official: He's become a troll!

Stone, it's my opinion that you're no longer likely to get serious answers to your constant questions from regular members. You keep pounding and slashing at that equine carcass before you expecting different results.

You've systematically burned bridges and alienated yourself to many of the people who visit this forum regularly. You had to be prompted to apologize to Amie, because it was obvious you weren't going to do it on your own. Amazing behavior. Somehow, you rationalize that all this has more to do with Axiom forum 'mentality' than it does with your behavior here.

And now, you've resorted to posting that people with audio questions need not ask here(the forum). Nice.

So if your presence here has now become a crusade to warn newcomers to stay away, my suggestion to you is to move on, please. PLEASE. Your plethora of questions remain unanswered here, apparently. Will the Axioms play "nice" with your ear problem? Yes. I say take the plunge and buy the M60's. Ok?

Perhaps a fresh start in another forum will give you a new and different perspective. You don't care what people think of you? Welp, now you see the results of your visits to the Axiom forum. You should care ENOUGH to take a step back and see that only you caused the results here, and why. Good luck in your search.

As I mentioned before, he seems to have a different personality on other forums. I recommend the moderators remind him of the "Code of Ethics" and give him an opportunity to shape up. Grow up SM.
Troll is too generous a term. Stone__Man is a Help Vampire.
LOL, That's funny I've never heard that term before.
I just spit out some rootbeer all over my keyboard, oh my that was a good one Peter.
Man, we go through a lot of keyboards around here, don't we?

Stone--if you're serious about wanting help, and aren't just doing this at this point to spite us or convince other people not to come here, go back and read your early threads and our responses. They should tel you everything we can about which speakers to choose.

Please note: We don't have your ears. You can't listen to anything. At some point, you need to take it on blind faith and get something. No one's ears are the same--not even the people around here; you should be able to tell that from all the debate about bright, accurate, laid back, and all that other bullcrap.

If you're not willing to do this, go away and let us help someone who is willing to read and think for themselves.
There's a saying about feeding trolls, but I forgot what it was...

Apparently we all did...
Stonemen,

Glad you are back..(both of you).
To be honest, I was feeling a bit guilty, when some time went by without a post from you.

I had visions of you, having moved on to a model railroad forum, asking THEM over, and over, "should I do a HO gauge layout, or a G scale garden railroad,...... which is right for me?"
I have no idea why we are trying to "upsell you" or...whatever. We aren't salesmen for another company...no idea why you are angry people told you axioms wouldn't work. You asked for their opinion, you got it, and now you are angry at them for it. Then, you are angry for people telling you to buy another, more expensive brand, doping this term as "upselling". Somehow you are implying that we benefit from that...like we have stocks in some other company.

I'm trying to figure out your logic, but I simply can't. It's like riding a merry-go-round, you end up at the same point wondering how in the world you ended up there again.

Let me put it this way, you dug yourself into a hole, a deep one.

Some people learn visually, so here is a crappy ASCII illustration for you.

vv deep hole vv

|---------------------| <- North American Soil
|---------------------|
|---------------------|
|---------------------|
\--------------------/
-\_StoneMan_/- <- you

--\~~~~~~~~~~~/-- <- China

I suggest, if you don't want to end up in China, stop now, because there is no way you can dig yourself out of this one. Or, I guess you could shoot for China...if you wanted.
Actually, if you dig a hole straight down through the Earth (going through the core), starting anywhere in the continental US, you will end up in the Indian Ocean. You'd have to be in South America to dig to China.

Don't believe me? Try it yourself!
Good heavens, Peter. Is your geekhood boundless?
Speaking of geography...Tom did you know the longest straight line that traverses America is from Jupiter, Florida to the Makah Indian Reservation in Washington state and is 2,802 miles long?

OK, I'm headed back to the HT and Stereo forums now.
You mean the longest line that traverses the United States, right? I'm sure there's a longer line going from somewhere in northern Alaska through Canada to the Southeast US.
Picky, picky, picky!
The U.S. is correct, not America. I noticed my mistake after posting but didn't want to edit so I just left it.
The girls in grade school who gave me the moniker "Mr. Technical" would agree with you.
I think we all knew what you meant but the "fact fanatic" (Peter) gotch' ya.
""Mr. Technical"=Nerd?
I think that pretty much answers my question.
Well, America goes all the way south to Patagonia Argentina. ... wonder how many miles that is from Alaska

--Correction goes to Ushuaia, Argentina
Peter, that link is awesome.

I am easily amused, and that link amused me.

That really isn't saying much, but it's still awesome. :-)

P.S. I think this app might uncover Osama bin Laden's hiding spot. Click on Afghanistan, and dig. He's hiding in the Pacific Ocean. I'm e-mailing this to George Dublya pronto.
Jaime,

If you can draw a straight line from the US to South America (going over land only) then I'd like to learn your geometry.
Time to end this now, and hope you understand.

I haven't been in here in some time and WOW, I must say there are busy beavers here. I'm glad you have all had fun putting words into my mouth, following the leader, and tossing me about, quite interesting indeed. I'm sure some of you are suprised to see me post here again as well.
Bottom line is in my questioning I pissed off the axiom faithful. its that simple. Before I asked the 'tough' questions and gave some unfavorable possiblities, I enjoyed the replies that I got from everyone. and at that point NOone said anything bad to, for or about me. Standard human fare. since that point . . . well its obvious how things have been for me since that point.

To me the funniest thing is how noone seems to be able to let go and move on. I tried, but i also made it a point to tell everyone that I will indeed give [censored] right back as it is given to me. Seems to have been ok for anyone that wants to say sh!t about me, and do so freely without repercussion. but me? oh no I can't say a darn thing about anything. Afterall *I* am the one that didn't slip right into all things axiom and asked questions and voiced my views on a few matters that werent the standard positive axiom fare.

When a few asked me to provide more info , I started this thread doing just that, but people had to "keep at me" right off the bat, and I replied as I saw fit in this thread. played along , I did. so once again I am the only one that needs to shoulder any blame, while all the labeling from everyone else is A O K.
thats fine. You'll know why shortly.

As to why I am different on other sites, well I think all one need to do is think about that and read what I have said and what others have said to me, both here and at other sites. I'm sure you will find that I am nice and make a point of showing my thanks to those that try to help in any way. NOT stepping on anyones toes.

I'll point out one last time. about the time my questioning changed I was getting different replies SOME of the time (I guess all humans can get offensive while feeling the need to defend.) <-- think about that one a minute.

Many may think I'm this, that or the other. Sorry to disappoint but NO names hurt me. you remember the one most learn as a kid "sticks and stones" .What I am is someone that is trying to learn about people. Does anyone recall me saying anything about "knowing people" or "human nature to defend ones choices"???

So what is the end result? I think that answer has been clear, hear at least.that the forum regulars cannot "forgive and forget" , I admit I could have done better to ignore what has been directed toward me. Hard to do, try it yourself and you'll see. So, no more help for me here, cause I stepped on toes " and dug holes" for which I have said sorry for. So, tell me why some of you can't move on from past postings? and I'm not asking about MY HOLE i'm asking about YOUR HOLE'S.

I have learned from this forum, and its been more about people and their reactions more than anything else.

I MUST say I'm sorry as I've not been "straight up" and have played a "role", again I'm sorry.

Maybe the good Doctor would like to chime in here, as i'm just a student here learning of human nature and Pavlov's dog kinda sh!t.

Gang mentality is not to be overlooked or taken lightly. Look what fans do after their sporting team WINS, not lose,but win mind you! Burning, looting and often beating others simply cause they don't have the right "jersey" on. Its so easy to take the popular "get on board approach" CHAOS insues. . my "jersey" was not a home team jersey. .

with that in mind (as I fully expected the result of calling out anybody that wanted to have words via PM and not on the forum) NOT ONE wisecracker here that joined the "gang" in open forum decided to take it up "personal like" with me via PM's, NOT ONE. The gradifacation of self and belonging is stripped. another point proven.

There are some here that viewed and shared in a rather unbias way toward me or the "gang", that makes me feel good that there are those that can remain themselves regardless of popular sentiment. Hope for the futrue of man.

Interesting, if not at all surprising results, wouldn't you say GOOD DOCTOR?

This concludes the test of the gang mentality system.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong or seeks knowledge, just use the anonymity of the net and take a negative stance just about anywhere, and I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut that you get VERY VERY similar results. Or for those with real intestinal fortitude take the unpopular stance in a real world situation, say a bar and question them on why they drink and tell them you think it may be wrong,see what you get. the same thing as I found here. ridicule of you and your view and adamant defense of themselves and their choices. period.

Go to a Brittney Spears forum or blog and take a negative view point. what do u think will happen? yep, and it only takes ONE to start the "gang" to action.

It'll be interesting to observe if any negativity spills out beyond this forum towards Stone__Man.

the proof is in the pudding.

Final thoughts , for the few that may be wondering what I take from all of this.

A deeper understanding of us as humans and what makes us tick.

Its hard to take the unpopular stance, in self defense or the defense of others.

Its even harder to do so without feeling a need to personally lash back.

the internet is a great resourse for all sorta of subjects, and studies.

gang mentality is exacerbated by the whole "anonymity" of online personas. It allows those without the courage, confidence or innate malice in real life to join in and feel good about themselves that they belong to a/the "gang".

This "gang" sh!t is everywhere online, sadly enough.

Sports fans have nothing on HiFi fans.

We ALL want to belong to something.

We ALL want to believe that our views are right.

We will go to great lengths defending our beliefs, decisions, choices. That applies to life as a whole and any and every part of it.

I hope that at least one of you has learned from all this, as I surely have. Then it will have been worthwhile.

To err is human.

Thanks to those that have helped me better understand, unwittingly as it were for most ( I think a few had ideas of what was happening ) DR? .

SO IRL,(in real life) Sorry to have put you all through this and i MUST say you can hold any and all ill will towards me that you like, it's personal freedom of choice after all. I will understand if some don't want to see me posting here anymore. But, I assure you that I ONLY wish the best to each and every one of you. I bear no grudge , period.

I hope that your days on this earth can bring deeper understanding, acceptance and appreciation of your life and those things and people that you care about and love. An honest effort to understand anothers view. Life is short , too short to not live it, learn from it and pass on all that you gather to others , especially children. The Great Spirt knows we as humans need to follow our hearts and not the minds of others.

Take time to slow down and "smell the roses" .

Kiss that baby, take time to talk to the elders, play with the children and laugh at the clouds.
LIFE IS GOOD.
SHARE THE LOVE.
LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE.
and by ALL means , BE YOURSELF!

These last remarks come from ME the person behind Stone__Man. Let's all remember that there are indeed REAL people behind online personas that are often times quite different than what you percieve of them. sorry to have 'experimented' with your online persona. The hypothesis supports my original thesis.

In the words of Paul Harvey "And, NOW you know the REST of the story."

"Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow." circa 1975 Chevy Chase.

Peace Out
Stone__Man

… and here we are in part two of my post. If you missed part one, go read it now in the “Brokeback” thread and then come back and read this one. I split this post up like this in order to tie up some common issues in these two threads.

Another thing I have learned is that as a physician, and as a psychiatrist especially, I have to be careful not to throw diagnoses, or hunches, or the like at people in a public forum. In a PM, perhaps this might work, but probably not even then unless someone is asking for my advice in a general sense and/or I really know them well and can say something like, “Hey, Joe, cut it out, your (fill in the blank quality) is showing through.” Stone__Man, though your behavior escalated for a while there, it seems that you are lowering your tone a few decibels now, and you (and mdrew) have made some valid points about pack mentality. I suspect that you are correct in that people’s PMs to you would be nicer than their posts. My PM was, I guess. BTW, you never responded to it, I noticed, but called me out here.

So I am going to continue to try and post more considerately, and as you said in one of your earlier posts, I’m not going to take bait and escalate these threads. I will not yield to any more temptations to post my analysis on the web. I realize more now that there is a big difference between me posting that kind of stuff versus someone else on the board posting it because of my background and what a psychiatrist represents. No need for me to run around and make people nervous.

I have not answered your questions on your ear issues because I’m not a specialist in that area, and as others have said here, I suspect that it is going to be tricky for you to find satisfaction with loudspeakers. I’m a newbie as far as speakers go, so I’ve nothing to contribute as far as brand signatures, etc. Just wanted to let you know that I am not blowing you off. Good luck in your quest.
THANK YOU medic8r.

As luck would have it , at my initial medical visit I was told "you JUST missed" the audiology Dr.. freakin' GREAT! SOOO . . . being in my remote locAL I have to wait till JULY sometime for Dr. to make it back around here.

$&*#*% %#$(%(# firecrackers anyhow! stupid, stupid, stupid.
© Axiom Message Boards