Axiom Home Page
Posted By: DrunkenWolf Subwoofer endtable - 08/31/06 06:43 AM
Don't these things vibrate too much to be used as a table? I see someone has put his M80's atop of EP500's-would they be stable?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Subwoofer endtable - 08/31/06 01:20 PM
It would seem to me, theoretically, that, if properly constructed, a good subwoofer shouldn't vibrate at all. It should make everything else vibrate. I have a clock sitting on my EP500. So far it hasn't moved, and I just played the "Darla" scene from Finding Nemo for a friend last night. She nearly leaped into my lap (which, of course, was the point of playing the scene )
Posted By: medic8r Re: Subwoofer endtable - 08/31/06 01:30 PM
In the new copy of the Axiom newsletter, Alan mentions that it is OK to use Axiom subs for a table, such as putting a lamp on one. Like you, I was surprised by this, but in a good way, as in the WAF for my EP500 just went way up!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Subwoofer endtable - 08/31/06 01:35 PM
Quote:

She nearly leaped into my lap

Maybe Axiom could incorporate this into their marketing strategy.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Subwoofer endtable - 08/31/06 01:52 PM
Quote:

Quote:

She nearly leaped into my lap

Maybe Axiom could incorporate this into their marketing strategy.

LOL! Good idea!!!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Subwoofer endtable - 08/31/06 05:45 PM
Did your bucket of popcorn have a hole in the bottom of it, too?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Subwoofer endtable - 08/31/06 05:47 PM
Such cheap subterfuge was NOT necessary!
Posted By: ElTorrente Re: Subwoofer endtable - 08/31/06 06:02 PM
I used my STF-2 as an end table for a couple of years and the only issue was that it wasn't really the best place sonically, but it worked fine nonetheless.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Subwoofer endtable - 08/31/06 06:02 PM
You get 'em, tiger!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Subwoofer endtable - 08/31/06 06:03 PM
I wish I had room for an end table...
Posted By: Ajax Re: Subwoofer endtable - 08/31/06 07:16 PM
Quote:

You get 'em, tiger!

I may be old, but I ain't dead (yet)!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Subwoofer endtable - 08/31/06 07:39 PM
Quote:

LOL at your graemlin/emoticon/Jack miniature. Said it before, will say it again - you are the king of smileys.
Posted By: mrnomas Re: Subwoofer endtable - 08/31/06 07:52 PM
I've been trying to convince the wife that we need a second EP500 so that we can use the pair for speaker stands for our m22's. So far, no go...
Posted By: RickF Re: Subwoofer endtable - 08/31/06 08:20 PM
>>> I've been trying to convince the wife that we need a second EP500 so that we can use the pair for speaker stands for our m22's. So far, no go...

Mrnomas whenever I casually *mentioned* to my (picky and 'everything must match') wife that I'd like to get another sub she said "You definitely need to get another one to match the one you have now...it doesn't look right standing there by itself". Try that approach, it just may work.

Of course that was prior to our home A/C unit having to be completely replaced unexpectedly ($$$).
© Axiom Message Boards