Axiom Home Page
Posted By: freesey Axiom vs Von Schweikert Audio - 08/31/06 10:22 PM
Long time since anyone here has heard from me I s'pose. I doubt anyone noticed though

The thing is, I have plenty of money now and im interested in messing with the HT again...which leads me to ask:

Has anyone heard anything from VR and ever compared it to an Axiom? Im just curious as I had the massive pleasure and dissapointment of working in a high end audio shop for 7 days. I got to listen to many wonderful stereo setups and play with lots of fancy toys and lovely flexy cables.
If anything, I have gained a new respect for high end power cables; I dont them anymore

But yeah; anyone ever listen to the VR1 bookshelf and compare it to the m3 or m22tis?
Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom vs Von Schweikert Audio - 09/01/06 01:06 AM
We certainly missed your avatar. Welcome back !

I have not heard the VS speakers so will shut up at this point.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom vs Von Schweikert Audio - 09/01/06 02:45 AM
No kidding, where the heck have you been?
Posted By: real80sman Re: Axiom vs Von Schweikert Audio - 09/01/06 03:21 AM
freesey, was that London Audio on York Street?

Me thinks that even though you are now flush with cash, you should get that job back for the staff discount!
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Axiom vs Von Schweikert Audio - 09/01/06 05:08 PM
That would seem to be a very one sided comparison as the VR1's are going for $1,000 US$. Then again $$$ isn't always the best indicator.

Are you still aspiring to be rich or have you made it?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom vs Von Schweikert Audio - 09/02/06 02:12 AM
Wayne, since Adam says that he has plenty of money now and he no longer makes reference to his former aspiration, the conclusion is obvious.
Posted By: freesey Re: Axiom vs Von Schweikert Audio - 09/03/06 09:00 PM
80sman - actually it was at TargetHifi on Dundas - they let me go because they didnt think I had what it took ... I thought that was a little unfair - giving me 7 days to get used to touching ridiculously expensive equipment, but I hold no grudge as they are still kind enough to give me discounts lol

I am still aspiring to be rich I just have some cash for the time being working a real shit job, which I will not go into details about.
Thanks for the welcoming comittee, that was really nice actually. So basically ....yeah I was just wondering if anyone heard any VR stuff and had an opinion Peace out, Im going to go peruse the other posts!
Posted By: michael_d Re: Axiom vs Von Schweikert Audio - 09/04/06 02:32 PM
Haven't ever heard them but here's a review that I happened to see at Secrets yesterday.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_13_3/vonschweikert-vr4jr-loudspeakers-8-2006-p1.html
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom vs Von Schweikert Audio - 09/04/06 04:58 PM
Nor have I heard them, but I also misssed you and your avatar. That sucker belongs in the avatar hall of fame! Great stuff.
© Axiom Message Boards