Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Newf Bar Area M3's or M22's - 09/07/07 07:20 PM
Pop or top 40 music, rap music, rock, hard rock, classic rock etc.

Bar Area: 12x17. Pine bar, and laminate flooring, mostly closed area with one 48" french door, and two 40" wide windows. 8' ceilings.

Won't have a sub right away. Mostly using this for a "dance" area for entertaining.

What would you choose and why? These are to replacing some very large, still work great though, Cerwin Vega D9's from my loud teenage years. They are overkill for this room and take up too much space.

Note, I already have M80's, vp150, vtf3 sub, and qs8's...love axiom.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Bar Area M3's or M22's - 09/07/07 07:25 PM
Since this is for a dance area, and if you are going to get a sub later, I would recommend the M22s for higher playback volumes for dancing and junk.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Bar Area M3's or M22's - 09/07/07 07:26 PM
Move the M80s over and the Yammie and see how it sounds, if you like it then go for another set of 80s, but it does sound like a set of M60s would be perfect for that size of area and they take up a little less space and continues the same timbre that you are used to.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Bar Area M3's or M22's - 09/08/07 01:38 AM
I'd go with the M3s. You might be able to skip a sub, especially if you mount them close to corners. You don't really gain that much more playback volume with the M22s. 12x17 isn't a huge space to fill.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Bar Area M3's or M22's - 09/08/07 09:08 AM
From this review (thanks terzaghi) You may want to check out the RBH speakers. They sound like they could be what you are looking for, if you can find them. And then tell all of us what you think of them.
Posted By: Newf Re: Bar Area M3's or M22's - 09/08/07 03:59 PM
my m80's aren't going over to the bar. This bar area/music is mostly going to be used by the women, and they ain't getting my m80's. Besides, I want to wall mount them, possibly 4 corners of the room which is why the m3's were my first thought. I'm thinking eventually, 4 m3's, and a small sub tucked away in the corner. The size of the room is not a concern to me as much as the type of sound I'm going to get in a mostly empty room with laminate flooring, and pine in a lot of places.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Bar Area M3's or M22's - 09/09/07 05:02 AM
Here is a link to a previous thread where the M80s are wall mounted,there is a pic a little ways down. But I would agree M3s or 22s would be a lot easier.
Posted By: Newf Re: Bar Area M3's or M22's - 09/10/07 01:00 AM
wall mounting m80's? A floor speaker? I just can't find the words to express how I felt when I seen that thread.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Bar Area M3's or M22's - 09/10/07 01:59 AM
I don't really care for those pics of the 80's hanging on the wall, just doesn't look right. However, if you ever tour Axioms plant, they have 80's hanging up in the factory, something I can't wait to see.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Bar Area M3's or M22's - 09/10/07 01:43 PM
Quote:

my m80's aren't going over to the bar. This bar area/music is mostly going to be used by the women, and they ain't getting my m80's. Besides, I want to wall mount them, possibly 4 corners of the room which is why the m3's were my first thought. I'm thinking eventually, 4 m3's, and a small sub tucked away in the corner. The size of the room is not a concern to me as much as the type of sound I'm going to get in a mostly empty room with laminate flooring, and pine in a lot of places.

Ahhh, I didn't know you wanted 4 speakers, in that case, I would go with the M3s as they are smaller and playback volume of 4 M3s will be plenty enough for that room.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Bar Area M3's or M22's - 09/10/07 02:09 PM
Quote:

... Cerwin Vega D9's from my loud teenage years ...

Wow, a blast from the past. You have the big boys! On the other end of the model line, I had some D1 bookshelves for my college dorm. Great speakers.
Posted By: Newf Re: Bar Area M3's or M22's - 09/18/07 03:21 PM
Yeah, the big boys. Picked these up when I was 17. God I thought I cool! LOL. Cost me a pretty penney but I was DJ'ing at the time so finding deals on this stuff was easy then so it really wasn't that bad. Hate to see them go.

Now I need the space so they have to go. Got to put them up for sale. They work as good as they always have, and you wanna talk about a loud party speaker.
© Axiom Message Boards