Axiom Home Page
Posted By: turbo16v dented dust caps....fixed but now... - 12/14/08 02:24 AM
I have had my speaker covers on for a few months. Today I decided to take them off to remember what my speakers look like. I noticed that one off the mid drivers caps was smashed in Cats!!
Anyways I couldn't get the tape trick to work. probably because the tape I had was not very sticky. However I did get the vacuum trick to pop it back out but now there are 3 little dimples in the cap that won't go away. Has anyone else had this problem? I was wondering if it just needed some time for the material to relax and go back to its original shape. any thoughts?
Posted By: Wid Re: dented dust caps....fixed but now... - 12/14/08 02:37 AM

I doubt they will fix themselves any further but I also doubt it will affect the sound.
Posted By: turbo16v Re: dented dust caps....fixed but now... - 12/14/08 02:40 AM
I need some supertape \:\/
Posted By: SirQuack Re: dented dust caps....fixed but now... - 12/14/08 03:00 AM
It is nice that you got the worst of it out with the vacuum, that is what worked for me on one of my old m60's. The little dimples won't affect the sound, this is just a cap and does not affect the sound.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: dented dust caps....fixed but now... - 12/14/08 03:54 AM
Yeah, mine have dimples too in the top midrange. I had to use the vacuum as well; tape doesn't work unless the damage is fresh, it seems.
Posted By: fredk Re: dented dust caps....fixed but now... - 12/14/08 04:28 AM
 Originally Posted By: turbo16v
I need some supertape \:\/

For the cats?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: dented dust caps....fixed but now... - 12/14/08 04:37 AM
Duct tape always works.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: dented dust caps....fixed but now... - 12/14/08 06:23 AM
Rubber cement might work, and it'll peel right off after you've used it.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: dented dust caps....fixed but now... - 12/14/08 08:08 AM
Do you have giant cats??
Posted By: CV Re: dented dust caps....fixed but now... - 12/14/08 08:11 AM
He'd be lion if he said he didn't enjoy a cougar now and then.
Posted By: turbo16v Re: dented dust caps....fixed but now... - 12/14/08 05:10 PM
Yes they are giant. One is 17lbs. She scares the neighbors dogs \:\)
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: dented dust caps....fixed but now... - 12/14/08 05:20 PM
Wow, that is a big cat. When I was a kid we had one about that size.
Posted By: CV Re: dented dust caps....fixed but now... - 12/14/08 05:25 PM
How much did you weigh at the time versus the cat?

Wasn't Versus the Cat the band that Negative Orange got in a fight with during their Tour For Peace?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: dented dust caps....fixed but now... - 12/14/08 05:31 PM
I don't know, but I bet that was the birth of J.P.s LOLcat fanaticism.
Posted By: medic8r Re: dented dust caps....fixed but now... - 12/15/08 04:39 AM

© Axiom Message Boards