Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jmone Bose are above Axiom! - 05/13/09 07:38 AM
We moved just moved into a rental that had a Bose system installed. I don't know why Axiom users think they are ordinary as I've found them terrific....as a mounting point to hang my QS8's from!

Note: I'm not as comfortable trying to hang the rest of my Epic60.500 System!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/13/09 10:10 AM
Cool!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/13/09 11:33 AM
LOL! I knew they were good for something. I just didn't know what?

Posted By: cb919 Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/13/09 11:45 AM
awesome. i am so sending that pic to my buddy with a Bose system who is jealous of my Axiom setup!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/13/09 01:26 PM
Wow, nice paint and woodwork in that house.

I can tell I've been shopping for houses too long.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/13/09 01:46 PM
It's quite possibly not woodwork. There's a lot of paintable plasticy stuff that's very convincing.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/13/09 03:23 PM
True. This could be that.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/13/09 03:26 PM
Nonetheless, it is visually appealing and really softens the transition from the Axiom to the Bose. \:D
Posted By: fredk Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/13/09 04:07 PM
Good thing its not the other way around. Nothing could soften the transition from Axiom to Bose. Well, maybe the really good stuff from the back of JP's medicine chest...
Posted By: Murph Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/13/09 05:39 PM
Awesome picture. Should be printed in a mag or webzine.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/13/09 08:05 PM
Don't give him any ideas....he may want to hang himself
Posted By: jmone Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/13/09 09:17 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
It's quite possibly not woodwork. There's a lot of paintable plasticy stuff that's very convincing.

Nope - it's a very nice older house, and one of the "selling" points among the others was the Bose speakers....I always find it funny how in this end of the market you see these Bose cubes pop up as a sort of Audio Status symbol coupled with Audio Pseudo Science on how they magically work better than full sized equipment.
Posted By: gebemot Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/14/09 05:33 AM
Just a warning,
If Bose really stands to its reputation, one day you might find your QS8 on the floor...
Posted By: punisher101 Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/18/09 05:15 AM
Bose products are average speakers at exorbitant prices. They are the Monster Cable of audio systems.
Posted By: jmone Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/18/09 08:28 AM
Mmmm good point on the cable....I wonder if my system will sound better if I use Monster Cable instead of wire to suspend my QS8s from the Bose.....
Posted By: Adrian Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/18/09 02:43 PM
Lol, I would email "Monster Cable" and ask them....something tells me they'll say it will improve the sound...
Posted By: idboy Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/18/09 03:57 PM
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
Lol, I would email "Monster Cable" and ask them....something tells me they'll say it will improve the sound...

This posting is to serve as an immediate cease and desist order. The words Monster, Cable as well as any nouns, adjectives, verbs or participles in sentences which contain the words Monster or Cable are copyrighted by Monster Cable. Any person who commits any unauthorized use of these words, nouns, adjectives, verbs or participles will immediately be the subject of legal action.

Sincerely,

Your Monster Legal Team
Monster Cable - resistance is futile
Posted By: Adrian Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/18/09 06:19 PM
 Originally Posted By: idboy

Your Monster Legal Team
I'll steal Peter's link, it's appropriate for the "Monster Police" \:D
Posted By: davekro Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/18/09 08:34 PM
 Originally Posted By: idboy

Sincerely,

Your Monster Legal Team

Well, you, you.... litigious dangling participle, you! Put that in your Monster and smoke it!
Posted By: fredk Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/19/09 02:17 AM
Mmmm, smoked Monster (tm). Served on a bed of rice with a side of steamed asparagus. Nothing better!
Posted By: Scott64 Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/19/09 02:54 AM
 Originally Posted By: fredk
Mmmm, smoked Monster (tm). Served on a bed of rice with a side of steamed asparagus. Nothing better!
I don't like when something good is on rice or noodles. It's just in the way of what I actually want to eat.
Posted By: CV Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/19/09 04:30 AM
Man, I love rice and noodles. If I had them both together, I wonder which one I'd think was in the way.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/19/09 10:23 AM
Charles, you're three joints away from taking it on the road as a Steven Wright / Mitch Hedberg-type act.
Posted By: Nick B Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/19/09 01:06 PM
I'd be a bit care hanging an actual speaker on the Bose speaker mount. If they didn't hit a ceiling joist then the whole apparatus may come down. There is not really any weight to the Bose speakers. So it doesn't matter if you hit a joist or not with the Bose cube speakers. A long time ago I hung some Bose cube speakers from a PAPER CLIP in the threaded inserts TUCKED into a nook in a pushup ceiling. They were there for about four or five years and I never had any problems.

- Nick
Posted By: Roidefromage Re: Bose are above Axiom! - 05/20/09 02:09 PM
That is hysterical!
© Axiom Message Boards