Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Lohengrin It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/25/08 11:06 PM
I got the email. My speakers are on the way (Epic 60/500). No problems in customs. As a matter of fact, they are moving across the country at an alarming rate and will be here Wednesday (two days). I can handle the wait. It's been 6 months since I began seriously researching speakers and barely 5 weeks since placing the order (real wood). It's the other wait that's already killing me. I won't be able to unbox them for another two weeks when we move into our new home. Just thinking about it gives me chills.
I've searched the entire forum and it appears that there is no cure for my dilemma. Expect pictures within three weeks and delirious rants for the time in between.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/25/08 11:21 PM
Fair 'nuff.
Posted By: fredk Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/26/08 01:30 AM
Oi, the things we must suffer through. ;\)
Posted By: Hutzal Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/27/08 05:42 AM
you are sooooo hard done by...
Posted By: Lohengrin Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/27/08 07:21 PM
It's worse than I thought.
All of my speakers are sitting in the next office waiting on me. Obviously, I peeked into one. The wood is simply beautiful and will match the new home perfectly, which gets me major WAF points. Having my name *Custom Made For...* only adds to the effect. Just opening a QS8 package and seeing the Axiom logo cloth bag protecting the finish lets me know that I selected not only great speakers but selected a caring company.
Also, the accessory boxes (spikes, feet, tools and towel) are nicer than my current speakers. Seriously, the freakin' BOX is nicer in appearance than my current speakers.
These are the touches that make a great company into a legendary company. I am now beginning to see why the owners of Axiom speakers give so much respect to the manufacturer.
All of this and I haven't even connected a wire. I can't wait.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/27/08 08:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: Lohengrin

All of this and I haven't even connected a wire. I can't wait.

Oh, we forgot to tell you. Axioms sound like crap. They just LOOK pretty.

Mine aren't even hooked up.

Posted By: medic8r Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/27/08 08:34 PM
Just as well, considering the room that they are forced to live in.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/27/08 08:35 PM
Why I oughtta.....
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/27/08 08:56 PM
move?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/27/08 09:12 PM
what, after all that work he put into the porch? Actually, I bet the speakers would sound great on the new porch.
Posted By: Amie Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/28/08 05:20 PM
So few people comment on the accessory box - glad to know it's brought you some comfort in this trying time, Lohengrin!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/28/08 05:32 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson

Which receiver are you NOT using for the unhooked speakers? \:\)
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/28/08 07:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson

Which receiver are you NOT using for the unhooked speakers? \:\)

Denon 3805.... It's pretty, too.
Posted By: myrison Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/30/08 04:51 AM
Sweet, I just unplugged all of mine too in a show of Axiom solidarity with Lohengrin. (We're with you!) \:D

I think by tomorrow morning I might have to end my audio strike, though I'm willing to stand strong through the night. ;\)
Posted By: jakewash Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/30/08 09:12 AM
I just did the same as Jason, and I can strike through the weekend.
Posted By: Lohengrin Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 08/30/08 11:20 PM
If I had mine hooked up I would strike with you, er me... too.
I live on the Gulf Coast border of Texas and Louisiana and my wife is complaining about this alleged "mandatory evacuation".
I will be gone for a few days. Have a great weekend all.
Posted By: Lohengrin Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 09/11/08 02:16 PM
I will have spent more than half of my evaluation period evacuated. Another mandatory evacuation order has been issued so I will be adding another week to my move-in date.
So far I couldn't be happier with my purchase but I am really anxious to see what these speakers will do when I actually provide power.
Please, though, no more solidarity. Instead, everyone turn the volume up a notch so I can hear down here. Coltrane if you have it.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 09/11/08 04:02 PM
Oh, man, Coltrane is freakin' incredible on M80s. Good luck with the incoming hurricane(s).
Posted By: myrison Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 09/11/08 06:24 PM
Done... and I'm only in Austin - you should almost be able to hear it from here.
Posted By: jakewash Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 09/11/08 07:18 PM
I might be a little too far away to of any help but I will try my best, my neighbors are going to hate me.
Posted By: Lohengrin Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 09/26/08 10:05 PM
Hello all. While my home did not fare too well (I lost about half of the house) I was concerned enough to store my unopened speakers in a spare office at work where the protection was a bit better. After spending the last 10 days without electricity and moving everything to the new (yet unfinished) home I was ready for a break.
Electrical power was returned to the new home yesterday morning and I took the M60's home. After spending just enough time to wire them directly to the receiver (I will run the wires properly later, I need sound NOW) I turned the receiver on and let em rip. While the nearest neightbor is about 200 meters away I am certain that I ruined (or enhanced?) someone's dinner.
I have the EP500, VP150 and QS8's loaded in my truck and will start the process of getting everything back as it should be.
Anyway, the point is...Wow! Even without setting anything up I rattled the windows with the 60's alone. This is gonna be fun.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 09/26/08 10:17 PM
Glad to hear that that, at least, is going well.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 09/26/08 10:19 PM
Excellent news (about the audio, not the missing bits of house!).
At least something great is heading your way!
Posted By: fredk Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 09/27/08 02:05 AM
WOW!

I'm glad you are able to enjoy the speakers.
Posted By: myrison Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 09/27/08 04:52 AM
Congrats Lohengrin, I know you've been waiting a very long time to get everything hooked up. Good luck with the rest of the recovery.
Posted By: jakewash Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 09/27/08 08:43 AM
Nice to hear things are returning to normal, sort of. Glad you like the new system so far.
Posted By: davidsch Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 09/29/08 11:45 AM
Sorry to hear about your house. Good luck with the repairs. Good tunes will help get you in a better frame of mind anyway.
Posted By: SRoode Re: It's not the wait. It's the wait. - 09/29/08 11:42 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about the damage to your home. I hope everything turns out alright (imo, they usually do).
© Axiom Message Boards