I'll tell you what, it's going to be hard to "improve" on the last one, IMO.
I'm going to go ahead and say dibs on Pine Acre at the Lumina.
Okay, if you want to generate ideas, here are some of the components from last time:
- No-host dinner/drinks in a private room of a cool local bar
- House party / listening session at the lakefront home of a local Axiomite
- Axiom factory tours
- Technical talks by Ian and Andrew
- Blind listening tests
- Time to mingle
- Event-specific apparel coordinated by a forum member
- Excellent live music
- Amazing dinner and party courtesy of Ian and Amie
- No-host group breakfast at an excellent local diner
I'd be absolutely delighted with a complete do-over.
They call ME the nutcase and THIS ONE wants to play "Groundhog Day." Boy, Tom, AARP has you nailed. You ARE in their demographic, right?!
So, here it is, for all to see; the beginning of that resistance-to-change that comes with age.
Actually, anyone who didn't think the last one was almost as good as it gets, must've been sober. Hey, just 'cause I don't drink and there is NOT, evidently, any marijuana to be had in Canada, doesn't mean I was sober. I KNEW with whom I' might be spending time. Yes, I made an "extra" visit to my psycho-pharmacologist before I left. SO WHAT?!