I'm new to this forum and Axiom as well, so I'll try and keep it brief. But I tend to ramble at times. I'm looking to make the jump to a well sounding, budget minded 5.1 setup. Initially I was going to go with a Paradigm Cinema 110CT. $800 HT in a box. Very good WAF(wife approval factor, took me a sec to figure that acronym, it's great!) I had liked the reviews that Paradigms got, but that was before I happened upon Axioms last week. Mentally, I think I'm sold. The plan is M22's, VP100, QS4's, and an EP175. Through the outlet I'm looking at ~1350. Some how I need to convince my spouse to up the budget. Along the budget line, one way of cutting costs would be to use Paradigms for the surrounds. I would use the Cinema ADP surrounds which are 4-driver 1", 3.5" dipolars. What opinions are out there on this option? How much performance would I be sacrificing by going outside the Axiom family for surrounds? They would be used primarily for movie apps, as I'm not that in to multichannel music, YET...
Anyway, look forward to some advice and enjoy the humor in these threads.
Sips