>>If the only option I have with my receiver is speaker size in speaker setup, doesn't that mean the receiver internally crosses at whatever frequency it is programmed for say, small surrounds? If that is the case do I understand that I don't really have a way of really controlling the x-over freqs to the surrounds per se?

Many (but not all) receivers have the ability to adjust the crossover frequency in addition to choosing "small or large". The small/large decision essentially determines whether the crossover will be engaged for that speaker -- the frequency can be either fixed (usually somewhere between 100 and 200 Hz) or adjustable.

A few receivers (HKs for sure) let you set different crossover frequencies for mains, center, surrounds and (if 7.1) rears. HK owners take great pleasure in reminding owners of other receivers about this at every possible opportunity

EDIT -- I have been trying to download the manual for your receiver to see if it has adjustable crossover frequency but with no success. You are going to have to dig out your own copy of the manual, sorry...

Last edited by bridgman; 06/25/05 03:28 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8