In reply to:

While this may have no effect on AV quality, it will ensure that you do not have a breaker trip, and you have to fumble around the room!

Considering there is no window in this room, this is reasonable advice.
We are going to be meticulous about how to setup the room for future expansion cable-wise.

I would certainly like to sound proof the room as much as possible, but i think within reasonable budget constraints, the R20 insulation along with drywall should be sufficient for our needs at this time. We are still planning on putting a custom home together (this is another transition home for 4-6 years) and when we do, i'll be designing the room with more exacting specs in mind. Since we are buying into what this house has for a basement, the media room dimensions are limited to what i have plus or minus a foot in 2 dimensions. If i can eliminate some standing waves within those limits, then i can at least modify the room dimensions slightly before we begin to build. I had actually thought about tapering the room towards the back a bit, but i could do that myself afterward with sound panels.
All the advice is much appreciated.

On the upside, it looks like i might have enough room to put a tasting table in the wine cellar.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."