It doesn't seem likely that the 3805 is the culprit. I'd bet that it is either a receiver setting issue or a remote button selection issue.

The next time it happens, hit the "display" button (on the remote) and check what comes up on the tv screen or front panel and you will see what the receiver sees as its bio for that particular input. It should tell you if it is in "auto", "analog", "ext.in"...etc.

You guys have probably already checked this but are all of the digital inputs (in the receiver menu) correctly assigned and have you tried using a different type (coax/optical) of input for said component? I had to ask...

Could the receiver somehow be seeing "ext. in"? If the "ext. in" has been engaged with the remote, the receiver will stay in "ext.in"mode (no matter which source you switch to) until it is manually disengaged.....I think.

Rarely but sometimes, after I've used the "skip ahead" button (in rapid fire) on my sat. receiver, it (3805) drops the signal but I can get it back instantly by selecting the DBS source input again.

I'm now very curious as to what the problem could be. I know it is possible but I've never read of a Denon receiver needing a repair for this kind of problem, much less two of them.

You could also try asking the pros and forum members over at Audioholics. I bet you could get some good advice there as well.

Good luck! And keep us Denon owners posted.

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.