I think this is one very relevant post that I could relate to very well. If you guys have some time, read this post of mine. Some might find it interesting, others, boring.

It took me 6 months of saving up and plenty of superb customer service from Axiom (particulary Amie) to get my M3s to my place in India. A friend bought it in the US and sneaked it in his suitcase into the country. I was naturally amazed at the sound of the M3s as it was way beyond anything I'd ever heard (Sony, Panasonic, Jamo, Klipsch, Bose). I did find the Quads pretty good, though.

The point I'm arriving at here is that inspite of having the M3s in a country where Sony and Panasonic are considered the best (Bose :-( being the dream; I know...), people still think I'm absolutely nuts to have bought "just a pair of mains" for $220 (FO). They think I've wasted so much money on mere speakers. But after this, people have been asking me to give them guidance on a home theatre setup and they want it all to some under $600. You got it. Mains, Rears, Sub, HT amp, DVD player to come under $600. I've been crying hoarse about the absurd limit but then, you do have Chinese HT systems that sell for as less as $250 and I get flak for not suggesting something like this. So what do you do?

I guess its the culture, the passion, the need that drives such things. But personally, I find it hard to believe that a pair of mains priced at US$20,000 and above are also selling well. I suppose people do have a lot of money out there and passions run strong for the so many different types.

Just my 2 cents.