17 days for a contest? I guess patience is not a virtue around here.
Didn't expect to find this thread under "Water Cooler".

I am am glad to see these speakers go through an evolution that has not compromised sound quality.
I have seen too many manufacturers put the design into the hands of the home owners by relying on the homeowner to either 1) have a well built wall to accomodate the speaker 2) modify the wall with a custom bracket that will hopefully provide enough bracing or 3)custom build a wall with many unknows. One manufacturer actually requires the homeowner to build their own speaker boxes in the wall. Granted this can give them the greatest flexibility and sound if they are building from scratch.
I had spent a lot of time looking at in-wall speakers and found the Monitor Audio "Controlled Performance" speakers to be the best idea. They had provided what is essentially a pre-designed enclosure for installation in wall. No guesswork and hence the name. The "downside" is that they can not produce the bass of a floor standing speaker but as long as they have an "audiophile grade" subwoofer, that would not be a problem.

These new Axiom speakers are kind of a levitating bookshelf speaker. They are compact and still relatively easy to install. It looks like a good design to me. I also like the fact that it is not completely flush mounted to reduce the boundary effect. The proximity to the wall will still boost the bass response however, which may actually benefit the smaller speakers.

I know my wife would prefer completely flush mounted so it would be completely unobtrusive, but I guess you can't please everyone. I never thought to find a wife that could understand my passion for music.

I am really looking forward to a wall-mounted center channel as I need something to compliment the Monitor Audio GR-60s that will not need a stand. The trouble I have is that a wall mount may not have the ability to direct the sound where I need it (potentially will end up being too low). Often times I see people angle their center channels to direct the sound precisely at the listener. I have a feeling that this may not be a possibility with these in/on wall speakers. Compromise? Well, for me perhaps but at the very least they are a lot more wife-friendly than my current speakers.

I will eventually set up my projection screen with the intent of having a wall mounted center channel. I look forward to the new series of speakers but even more to these new digital amplifiers.

Congrats Axiom on a new "designer series" of speakers. I am finding that this is a growing trend and should be very popular for people with smaller spaces.