Sunday...

I had a couple minor issues with the setup, but around 2am last night the system was setup and ready for testing. I'm still waiting for one more item to complete the project and it looks like it's going to be late in the week before it arrives. Until then all I can do play with settings and wait. I'll be auditioning a complete THX Select certified package of Mordaunt-Short speakers in my home later in the week. Only the sub in not certified... (504 Centre / 502 towers / 506 Dipole x4 / 909W sub). I'll be using the Integra DTR-8.4 for the audition so this should be a fair comparison between the Axioms and Mordaunt-Short. I've heard a Mordaunt-Short setup instore and thought it was pretty good. So by the end of the week or next weekend I should know if the Axioms are going to be a permanent fixture in my home. I have found a couple minor finish blemishes in the Axioms that I was kind of surprised to find. It's nothing to serious, but it is a little disappointing to me. I have more to say about Axiom quality but I'm going to wait till I'm ready to give you all the full report. I know the Mordaunt-Shorts I saw instore were very well built and seemingly flawless in finish. The finish issue could sway me if things get close and I have trouble deciding what I'm going to keep. So far the Axioms sound ok from what I've heard so far. I'll be back soon with more...