None of the finishes that Axiom normally furnishes matched with our decor. I had read in one of the of the message boards that other finishes such as "Piano Black Gloss" etc. were availabe. I contacted Amie with Axiom and asked if "Matte Black" was an option and if I could get a sample. She sent the sample along with a sample of their standard finishes black oak, white ash and dark cherry. I received them within 4 days. The added charge is only $200.00 and is well worth it. The matte black matches the typical audio/video component colors and is easier to live with than a simulated wood grain. We did, however, really like the white ash sample the best out of the standard choices, it just did not fit in with what we had. The only drawback if you go custom, is a 6 week lead time for delivery since it is not a stock item, still well worth the wait. I did not ask what other options were available, but being a vinyl product I am sure that there are more to choose from. Axiom should advertise this custom option, after deciding that I wanted their speaker system we really struggled with the advertised finishes, none of them worked. If I would not have seen the the "Piano Black" post I may not have bought these speakers, because options are not advertised. Note, that the QS-8 stands are standard "Matte Black". Enjoy!!!