In reply to:

Can you give us an idea of about what power level you have been using on a continuous basis that gets the unit hot?

10 Watts per channel?

50 Watts per channel?

I don't know what the watts are but I was cranking the crap out of it for hours if that helps. My room was rocking!.........but guy's don't panic, I measured the top temp and emailed Yamaha and the current temp is well within spec. It just caught me a little off guard. It runs hotter then the NAD and as hot as my old HK 630 did. Heat is not a big deal as long as the heat sinks and fans are doing there job and with the RX-V4600, they are doing just that. The front of the receiver is cool to the touch so the heat is being dissipated the way it should be.

In reply to:

How big is the room? what music are you playing?

Location. How warm is it where you live. Do you have AC on in the room? Is it on top of a unit( knowing you that is a dumb question )

Roughly 22 X 22 room and I was cranking rock for the most part and a little of my kid's pop stuff. Receiver is in my A/C controlled basement so room temp is not a factor...........and no nothing is on top of it.

Like I said above, it's not like a can fry eggs on it, it's just runs a little warmer then I was expecting. But as every day goes buy, the thought keeps going through my mind of dumping my NAD and getting one of these.