Well anybody who knows me knew this was coming. My first gripe on the RX-V4600. The auto eq and auto set-up. It comes close but to be brutally honest, does more harm then good! With a SPL I'm basically running all three front channels flat............huge bonus. Anyway, after the Yamaha was done with it's auto set-up the front left was at +2, Center at +6 and front right was at +1. I won't even go in to how it tried to eq the speakers. The short version is this, it basically took a pair of decent floor standers and a center that can produce thunderous bass and turned them into bookshelves!

I feel bad for anybody new to this hobby who relies on auto set-up to get it done..............I have yet to see one get it right. I tried the Yamaha in two different rooms and it didn't come close to the SPL in either of them. I then went and had a beer at my buddy's who also has this receiver and his was close but still off and it negatively impacted the sound quality.

Still a great receiver though and it's still impressing me. I really need a HK 7300 to A/B against. Anybody want to loan me one? I swear I will give it back........eventually.