Ian, thank you very much for not only taking the time to share your observations and educate us, but also for doing so in such a gracious manner.

Two things to me are worth noting. First, that you have, in fact, been conducting this type of scientific research under controlled conditions for your entire professional career. Your sustained success and proven talent in loudspeaker design deserve corresponding respect. Such pursuits are extraordinarily complex, and extend well beyond the experience and expertise of a talented hobbyist with a microphone in a Finnish parking lot.

Second, I could not resist the opportunity to underscore
In reply to:

not a measurement that can be translated into any usable real world condition

This phrase again reminded me of the nugget attributed to Twain or Disraeli - "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics". It has been proven repeatedly, in this discpline and in others, that numbers simply do not tell the entire story, and that methodology and motive ought to be considered by astute readers.

Try as we might to reduce music and its reproduction to numbers, it retains creative and artistic components that defy simple quantitative analysis. For me, the joy is in the listening, not in the testing. For the products that provide that ongoing joy in my life, and for the way you conduct your business, I thank you.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem