Hmmmm, very odd you weren't blown away by watching DVD movies. I'm curious, what do you think of the EP600? Almost everyone around here who has heard has nothing but great things to say about it. Try cranking that baby up and let us know if it shakes the house. I'm not totally sure but Energy would have nothing equivalent in terms of subwoofers to the EP600.

As for DVD's to watch, defintely check out Lord of the Rings FoTR (part 1). The intro has some good sound effects but some of the BEST scenes in the entire trilogy is the Cave Troll/Balrog scene. I simply love that scene and have viewed it many, many times....never gets old. This scene is near the beginning of FoTR on disc2 in the Extended Edition.

Pop in some more action DVDs and crank up the volume. Let us know your impressions then. Is the clarity really good? When friends first heard my humble setup, they were amazed with the level of sound detail (ie. wood creaking/cracking and swords clanging against metal, etc.). The surrounds speakers add a whole new element to movies...they are simply awesome.