Hello all,
I've been lurking and posting here for a while now (mostly lurking), but am finally ready to pull the trigger on some m22ti's. A couple of weeks ago (or was it a couple of months...time flies!), I stopped by Peter's (pmbuko) house and demoed his 22's. As a matter of coincidence, I actually work with Peter's wife. Small world.

Anyway, I am about to purchase some FO black oak 22's. My only concern is that they aren't shielded enough to be placed ~2" away from my 27" CRT television. Bridgman reported successfully placing an M2 right next to a TV in this post (jeez those dogs are crazy looking). What is everyone's thoughts on the 22? It has an additional 5.25" driver over the M2, so I would imagine it will need to be further away from the TV. Will 2" be enough.

I called Axiom and asked this same question and was told that the 22's should be 2-3' away. I find that hard to believe given the success Bridgman had with the M2.

Another factor is that my TV has builtin speakers on the vertical sides, and it looks like Bridgman's doesn't. This should serve to functionally place the 22's even further from the CRT than the physical 2" between the edge of the TV and the edge of the speaker, right?

I've attached a picture....let me know what you think!