I've come to believe that the power of suggestion is a huge factor here. My M60s so impressed me immediately, not only did I keep them I ordered a complete Axiom HT system. Later I read someone state that Axioms sound metallic and tinny. I listened for that and started to believe he may be right. I tried playing all sorts of music to determine if this were actually the case.

I came to this conclusion: the strings on guitars (usually) are metallic, cymbals are metallic, the little springs under a snare are metallic, tambourines are metallic, etc... My M60s let me hear that they are. Bongo drums on the other hand have such a soft, well rounded sounded through my Axioms - not a hint of "metallic" sound because they shouldn't. Neither do violins or any other non-metallic intstrument sound "metallic".

My Axioms do not make all music sound good, but I wouldn't want a speaker that glosses everything over and makes it all sound the same.

Furthermore, a better speaker comparison would involve using a recorded piece of music with the performer on hand to play it live. Which speaker sounds most like the performer? Not... Which speaker makes this recording sound most palatable to my ears? Maybe you can get Norah Jones to stop by next time, Curtis.