Hey chesseroo,

I did end my previous post with saying in my humble opinion

Yes I agree that Axiom R&D team new what they were doing when they designed all of these crossovers. I did not change the values of any of the crossover components (I completely accept that the experts knew what they were doing) I merely duplicated their crossover design and rebuilt using point to point wiring and substituted high end components (except inductors) for the factory ones.

I had the benefit of evaluating my work in my own home with my own system doing an A/B comparison with the factory crossovers. The improvement in sound quality with my new crossovers (again I used the exact design and component values as the factory - I just totally rebuilt them from scratch)was huge.

If one was just to take the factory crossover out of the M22 and compare it to the factory crossover on the VMPS 626 there is just no comparison. The factory cost (and customer cost) of that VMPS 626 crossover is substantially more. I am pretty sure that VMPS factory crossover upgrade options alone cost more than a pair of new Axiom M22's. I am certain that the Axiom factory crossovers are designed properly for each model. However, it is clear (to me) upon close visual inspection of the factory crossover that certain financial based decisions were made by Axiom when selecting the crossover components. I mean come on these speakers are very resonably priced - thats one of the reasons why I bought them!

Based upon my own substantial results, I am positive that if the M22's would have had a crossover of similar factory design but with high end components the face off reviewers would have abolutely raved about the sound quality.

I would be interested to hear from Axiom if the R&D team or anyone else at Axiom ever tried high end components in their crossovers. If not someone should figure out how to give it a listen. I would be happy to lend assistance.

Even you Cheeseoo might (would) be amazed!