I'm no paint expert, so I can't really describe Glaze. It's just an additive. It's in a normal paint can, and guess what...it's marked GLAZE My understanding is that it adds a kind of texture to the paint, makes it a bit easier to manage, and more durable.

As for Brand, I'm in Canada. I'm also at work. I am guessing that you can't get the same brand. Brands don't matter anyways. I can get the color codes if you want, that is more important. I've seen this technique done with many colors. Yellows, reds, purples, greens. It doesn't matter. A ivory base coat with a red on top looks very nice. I've also seen black as a base coat, with Red on top, very nice too. The top layer is the dominant layer, the one you'll see the most of.

I originally wanted to do a red room. But We already had red couches...and the woman wanted nothing to do with having the walls and couches the same color.....god forbid!

Then she said that she wanted Ivory colored walls.....and I said she was #$%#$% nuts, ain't going to happen with a movie theater room. So, I said, what about green? then we came up with this. It's all about compromises. She was worried that it was going to be too dark, especially when I was going to paint the ceiling dark. Some people can't see it in their head as well as others, and that's where the problem begins. Once I painted it, she was hooked. Now she wants the entire house like this. Honestly, I love it for downstairs, and the odd room. It makes it stand out, and it's so nice you don't even need pictures on the wall, but for the entire house? I don't think so. I think it would be too busy if it were everywhere. I like to keep things simple. Also, some people can't get passed "it's a dark color" so the room will be dark. No, it's just paint. Paint itself does not make a room dark. You can add other brighter colors around the room via trims, paintings, lighting, furniture etc to make even dark colored rooms bright. remember, in a room like mine, at least one wall is almost pure white, that being the screen. the Screen, also being High gain, reflects light around the room. So, trust me, this room ain't dark. When you turn the lights off, duh, it's dark, and the dark paint does it's thing and makes my image POP. I don't need a black border around my screen for contrast reasons, because my wall is basically black once I turn the lights off.

2xAA
M80/VP150/VP160/QS8
4xM3/M22OW/M2OW/VP150OW/4xM3IC/4xM3OW
EP500/800/HSU VTF3/SVS PB2k/SB2k/SB-12