I have an after market Pro Clarion headunit installed in my 350z. The Clarion is Serius ready thus eliminating the fm modulator. A dedicated tuner plugs into the headunit via a propriety cable. I have had Sirius for about a year now and rarely listen to CD's anymore. I do think the quality is near CD quality. I sometimes think it sounds a little compressed depending on the channel, day, time etc. but mostly it is very goood. I love the programming and had no trouble filling the 18 presets on the headunit. I actually wish it had more presets. But truth be told I listen mostly to 4 stations. These cover jazz, classical, blues and my favorite which is called Serius Disorder. It playes virtually everything and is full of surprizes. It is perfect for me.

For you NY ers. You may remember some of these names who have shows on Sirius.
Meg Griffen (music director)alumni of WPLJ i believe
Les Davis jazz used to be my favorite jazz DJ on WBAI
Dennis Skelsa (sp?) also I believe from WPLJ
David Johansen from the New York Dolls and D.J. and the Harry Smiths
Howard Stern coming in January
Cousin Brucie is doing an oldies show. Jeez I remember him on AM radio when I was a kid. He must be in his late 70's or early 80's. He sounds just like he did back in the day.

These are just a few of the great DJ personalities they have
The programming like I said is great. There are enough channels to satisfy everyone. I have never taken a really nice road trip but I think that would be great. Driving from Atlanta to New York and listening to Sirius Disorder all the way
oz

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon