I've had my setup in place, and have been enjoying it, for months now (M22, QS4, VP100, SVS PB-12 ISD). I've calibrated the system with AVIA and the RS SPL meter.

For the past week I've been playing with the RoomEQ Wizard to learn more about my setup's room response (specifically subwoofer response), and I was somewhat shocked with the results. Despite the fact aesthetics was a primary factor in placement of the speakers, and zero flexibility in adjusting the location, my room response for the 160Hz and lower frequencies looks pretty darn good.

I'll post the graph later, but I was wondering if there was a rule of thumb for determining acceptable dB variance for frequencies under let's say 200Hz. The practical question is whether my current room response (which only varies about +/- 3 dB from the target of 80dB)would benefit from EQ'ing via a parametric equalizer like the BFD.

There is a larger dip in response (-10dB) at 125Hz, which I was able to smooth a bit with my receiver's (Denon 2805) manual EQ - I juiced it by 4dB).

Lastly, I'm interested in knowing the general advantages and costs to EQ'ing a system, and the frequency above which it is not considered reasonable to target with EQ tweaking.

I've looked at the AVS and audioholics sites for this info, but couldn't dig up exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks.