So you're saying its a different sound, not necessarily better? I thought that better components can give the speakers more transparency, image, and open up the soundstage. I mean, why is there such a big difference in price between receivers. Their prices can go upwards of $3000. Is my $200 receiver missing something compared to these?

I feel that with my system the M3Ti is not playing to its full potential. From all the rave reviews, I was expecting to be blown away by the sound. I have been very pleased with the speakers no doubt, but it falls short of phenomenal sound. Maybe I am expecting too much, or perhaps, I am too caught up in upgratitis mode. I do know that the M3Ti is limited in the lower range, so it doesn't sound "full".

Space is limited in the bedroom, its 10x10ft, so there is not much room for different placements. Currently the speakers are about 5ft apart. I had the system out in the living room for a while, and the sound did seem a bit better out there.

Is my money better spent on a subwoofer, or center perhaps than on the receiver? If so, can you give me some recommendations? Thanks for the replies.

----------
Axiom M3Ti (fronts)
Athena ASB2 (surrounds)
Sony STR-DE485
Panasonic DVD-RV32
QED Silver Anniversary Cable
Radioshack Evolution II Toslink Cable