In reply to:

The girl in the foreground in the white top? She has to be Richards' daughter

Actually, no. Jenny would be flattered to hear you say that, though. That was the second show of Richard's I'd ever seen. The first was the night before in New Orleans at Tipitina's. My friend Tom (white shirt, baseball cap) and I drove down from Tuscaloosa to Tip's to see some guy named Richard Thompson. He was supposed to be some hotshot guitar player and a decent songwriter. We figured, "hey -- even if the show is lousy, we'll still be in New Orleans."

It was one of those nights where everything came together. We knew the Quarter well enough, but we'd never been to Tipitina's (waaaaaaaaaaay on the other end of Canal Street down by the warehouses on the river). So we got there much too early and as a result we were basically resting our beers on the stage. Richard was incredible, and after the show one of the staff members allowed us backstage. Richard was charming and affable, and after Tom and I gathered our remaining brain cells, we drove back to Tuscaloosa hellbent on dragging some friends BACK DOWN to Baton Rouge the very next night so they could share in the fun. The girl in the purple was my girlfriend at the time. The other two were just good friends who decided to join us in our madness. 24 shows later, he's still the best act I'll catch in any given year.

M22ti mains, EP175 sub, VP150 center, QS4 surrounds