Greetings and Odd Bobkins!
I've been lurking for a year now. I think I will finally be buying some new speakers this month. This is what I have...please nobody goof on me too badly. I have a Denon AVR-1602 and a pair of Bose 2.2 bookshelf speakers that I purchased in 1988. They really don't sound all that bad. Really. In fact, acoustic guitars sound really nice. I listen to music in stereo and I watch movies in stereo. I also watch music dvd's and it's cool when they have a PCM soundtrack.
My room is 12x13x8. I only have a couch along the 13' wall with my tv and stereo directly across from me. If I measure diagonally from where I sit to where the front of the speakers will be is about 8 feet. I have a hardwood floor 80% covered with an area rug and the couch is leather.
My instincts tell me to get a pair of M60's. I'm worried they will dominate the room. Are these babies finicky? If I could keep them parallel with my tv about 2 feet away from the sidewalls and about 6 inches between their backs and the wall I think it would look ok.
Plan B would be to buy a pair of M2i's put them on stands and get a really big expensive subwoofer like an EP-600.
Hmm, Plan B is starting to sound like a hell of an idea. I might even get a third M2i for a center channel or just to hold in my lap and cuddle with.
Anyways, you guys keep rocking and if I could just recommend one track to listen/watch to:DVD: David Gilmour in Concert: Meltdown Concert+Royal Festival Hall Concert 2002. Track 14, Dominoes.

Love,
Lampy

M3 and
M80