When I first purchased my 60's, the room I set up in was the same size with a 9 ft ceiling. I had them in that room for about 3 weeks. The speakers sounded incredible. They did not dominate in either physical appearance or overwhelming sound. I did not find them that finicky to set up at all. I tried them on the short wall and the longer wall. They sounded excellent on both but looked best on the short wall in my room. They ended up about 2 feet off the side walls and about 10 -13 inches off the back wall slighly toed in. I sat approx 9 ft from the front on the speakers. Don't worry the distance of the rear wall is not that critical and with slight toeing in you pick up a couple of inches without coming futher into the room. When I say slight toe in I found I got the best sound stage when the speakers seemed to be aimed at the outer edge of the chair I was sitting in. Left speaker aimed at the outer left edge of the chair likewise on the other side. I have since moved the speakers to a bigger room and they still sound good but I think they sounded better in the smaller room. Do not let the size of the room prevent you from getting the 60's. They are too good to pass up. My purchase of the 60's was for 2 channel stereo listening. They may be integrated into a HT at a later date, not sure. Go for it the sound was amazing!
oz
oz

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon