I may not be around much for a while. I got shafted yesterday at work and was let go for no valid reason. I would go in to the details, but basically my boss was covering his a__ and needed a scape goat because he can't manage people so to save his job, he had to get rid of someone. That someone was me. No verbal warnings, no written warnings, just "see ya!" yesterday. I didn't even get to talk to HR about it, and they have yet to return my calls (it's Friday, so they may not be around). I got so many calls from people last night as word got out and they ones that know what is happening are just about as ticked (keeping this great forum clean, I wanted to use other words) as I am. At least I have witnesses and references, but it is going to be hard to make house payments and so forth as my wife only works part time (they are letting her pick up a few more hours, but not much) as a techer's aide, and we know how little teachers make, let alone teacher's aides.

Our hope, besides getting a new job, is that my wife can somehow get to a level to qualify for health insurance for us.

I am also in the very early stages of trying to take some sort of legal action, but lawyers are hard to get a hold of on a Friday as well, plus with Iowa an "at will" state, I may not have any action that I can take.

Anyway, I know that things will be better in the end, but it is just hard to deal with.

Thanks for listening.

Farewell - June 4, 2020