In reply to:

Understood. I'll go find a high-speed line and re-read the MOAP. I still think you could sneak in some pretty effective and aesthetically pleasing bass-traps which AFAIK would also make a big difference.

Actually, I didn't go into the bass issues too much in that post…. It was about the only thing I left out, though!

I should have mentioned that I did experiment with something else yesterday: Three big "leaf" bags of rags and blankets in the corner of the room behind the sectional. I read somewhere awhile ago that it was an effective, though non-attractive way to determine if bass traps might work. I wouldn't really expect that it would work as well, but thought it was worth trying. As mentioned, I didn't do any metering yesterday, but I heard no difference. If anyone is curious, I'll meter it both ways and post results. I'm a fan (in theory) of room treatment, but when the bass traps are running ~$300 each and you're not even sure they'll work……
In reply to:

I'm not sure Darla is a great scene for sub tuning

I'm not sure either in the big scheme of things… but it sure got my sub "chuffing" so I could listen for the noise…!
In reply to:

End tables are good, though...

Well, our plan is to ditch the sectional and recliner and replace them with a separate couch and loveseat so the couch can be centered "on the screen". If so, I would look for furniture that has built-in recliners and maybe ditch the coffee table as well. This will "open up" the room and allow for twin 350s!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::