Okay here is the latest.

1) I first tried the headphones WITH all other speakers connected. I couldn't hear the hum but Alan recommended to disconnect the speakers first. I thought I would give it a try anyway.

2) I hooked up my old Pioneer VSX5300 receiver to my VP150 as a left speaker and one M22Ti as the right speaker. I ran the analog RCA connectors from the DVD player to the receiver. The pioneer receiver was plugged into the same powerstrip as the AVR65 and DVD player. I powered up the receiver but left the DVD player off. I heard zero hum coming from the VP150 or M22Ti. I did hear a very slight high pitched hiss but you had to be six inches from the speaker and I heard similar sounds with the AVR65 connected to my Atlantic Technology speakers so I'll call this normal. I then powered up the DVD player but still could get no hum.

Does anyone think I have isolated the problem to being the AVR65? I intend to order an AVR335 tomorrow on-line and I probably can't return it if it hums as that would indicate a line problem in the house. Local prices are $150 higher, but I could return it if necessary, so I hate to pay a premium if I am right because I think I am.

Any additional thoughts are appreciated. I just thought of something else, maybe the digital coaxial cable is the culprit? I can't connect that to my old Pioneer but I can try using analog RCA to the AVR65 and see if the problem persists . . .

Greg