So I bought the Epic 80 system, which I like very well. But then again these are my first speakers ever, so am sure would have been happy with pretty much anything. They do a great job, except this.... They shut down my reciever! And my reciever is no slouch here is what I have. Onkyo TXDS989 and here is a link to a review http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_3/onkyo-tx-ds-989-receiver-8-2000.html .
Well anyways my system shuts down when my volume is at 82.. which being thx certified is the optimal volume to listen to movies at. At that level it friggen shut down my system. I went through and checked all connection, called service centers over my reciever. And went to the AV boards. They ask what omhs my speakers are, i tell them that my main towerspeakers the M80ti are 4 ohms. But I keep telling them it must be a over sensative circuit in the receiver, that it's not my speakers! WRONG. as of this moment my receiver has been going over half an hour with my neighbors 8 ohm speakers at a volume of 95, when at a volume of 83 (... which i remind you so you have a refferance to how loud this is.. is the volume THEY, and they being Lucas Films believe that you should listen to movies at ...) the m80ti shuts down my system. I am upset right now, I have been dicking around with this for 2 days now, and now I am convinced it's the m80ti that is causing this problem. I bought this for my home theater setup, and now i find out that it dosn't handle the volume of sound that I want.

Very unhappy
Marty

Last edited by 2xs; 06/12/03 08:42 PM.