I'll tell you what "looks good," since I don't have any pics, yet: my new 7.1 surround system with 7" screen. Yeah, I said it. 7 inches. It is a major downgrade from the 110" Stewart Firehawk screen I was planning on. But this screen also includes a 2006 Matador Red Lexus GS430 and Mark Levinson 14 speaker surround sound system! It was the last day of 2005, and they gave me a great deal on a demo model with 5600 miles. Unfortunately, this blows my HT budget to pieces. I've really been working hard these past few months to finalize the plans for my movie room, and was planning to begin building this month. Perhaps I can still swing part of it, and build it over a longer timeframe... I haven't figured out exactly what this does to my overall budget, yet.
On a funny note, I spent much of yesterday playing with my new "toy." The first disc I put in was "Return of The King." I've got to say, that new ML sound system is GREAT with that movie. Listening to the radio, it sounded like a "normal" car stereo. But I've never heard a car with DTS EX before. Sweet! I had the car off most of the time, running all those electronic goodies off the battery. Well, at about midnight, I snuck out to the garage to play some more, and the stereo gave out. I tried to fire up the engine but the starter only "clicked." It turns out that this car requires 85% battery to start the engine. If it dips to 84%, it just will not start! So, with my wife asleep, I used her car to jump mine... Other than that, I'm loving my new HT... err, I mean, car.