Thanks Ajax,

Hope to become one of the “crowd”, but the killer for me may be the postage costs to Syd, I'm waiting on a breakdown from Axiom to work out what is worth shipping out (esp for a sub) over buying other brands locally.

Out of interest, are there other brands that sound "similar" (I know this is subjective) I could/have auditioned to get an idea of what the Axioms may sound like? I have so far heard:
- 5.1 Sat Systems (B&W MT20, Focal.JM lab Sib & Co) which I was not impressed with (to me the front sound stage was lacking)
- UK Mfrs like 5.1 B&W config using DM602.5 S3 Mains, Monitor Audio config using B4 Mains, Wharfdale Diamonds etc (my overall impression was that these brands are "lighter", though I am concerned that their collective power handling specs and that they may not live through another New Years Eve part like my last set!)
- US Mfr like 5.1 Klipsch config using RF-25 Mains (these sounded “puncher”, but is their claimed 97db sensitivity real?!?!)
- Others? Yamaha / JBL / etc etc

In general, most sounded good to me, but they were all in different stores, different configs (and sometimes mixed configs with diff rears / subs etc). Most seem to be around US$750-$1,000 for a set of mains, $500-750 for rears, $250-$500 for the centre – not too dissimilar from the Axioms without shipping….

Nathan

HT:M80,VP150,QS8,EP500 Outside:4xM3 Office:AudioBytes, Rumpus: M60,VP150,M22 Portable:2 x Airs