I am a newbie and I am totally upgrading my entire home theatre system. After purchasing a Yamaha RX-V2500 and a new pair of M60's and QS8's and a VP-150. (All speakers from the FO and I am currently looking at 11 more weeks due to my color selection of Boston Cherry) :-(

Who do I send chocolate to again? Does that work?

I am going to buy some high quality 12 guage copper wire.I need good connectors for that and I would also like to buy/build new RCA cables for audio. (no soldering) I don't even know what type of cable to use in that application. I may even like to build a few (not many) composite video cables and would probably buy a few componet cables. Could someone instruct me on this and the best place to buy materials or the parts outright striking the best balance between cost and quality?

Secondly - I am at a total loss on the which subwoofer I can afford and should purchase. I am looking at a $500 price range + or - $100. My main listening area is 12 x 24 x 7'6" in a basement. My ceiling is drywall there is a small attached area at the front of the room on the left about 10 x 8 with a drop ceiling. I have been looking at:
HSU-STF2
HSU-STF3
SVS-PB10
SVS-PB12
I would love an EP500, but it I am not even close on cost. I am not sure that the EP175 is big/powerfull enough for the money. If several of you could make your top 3 picks available to me possibly with a bit of commentary I would appreciate it.

My last question is refarding a decent DVD player upgrade with some multi-format capability and preferably with some digital outputs. (I have a 61" 4x3 ratio Toshiba HDTV monitor. I normally always use it for HDTV and widfescreen DVD.)

Hell if anyone has any advice on a good terristial HDTV receiver (with DD that would be great too. I am an advanced user, but an expert by no means.

Thanks,

Scott Libbert
PS - You will probably be seeing a lot of me here in the future.

RX-V2500, M60's, VP150, QS8(2), Mirage S12