You guys are funny…

I'm a neculear engeneer in the navy, and work with equpt that even 1 or 2 volts off will make a difference in the accuracy of the gear and our readings have to be exact.. and um, we don’t use fancy cables.. and I will ganintee you that our tolerances are MUCH tighter than anything you will ever see, or hear… graneted I don’t deal with speaker cables, but eletricity is eletricity.. Electronts moving down a wire…

I would totally scrap the whole building your own cable idea.. the only way you will get a good connection is if you solder it, and at that, you need to know what your doing not to get a bad solder joint, and to actualy get a correct solder, some of the guys I work with went to soldering school, 6 week long school to teach them how to solder, after they are done, they are qualified to solder, nasa grade…. Anyhow, soldering is not just something you do, especialy if your worried about the quality of the signal after the solder joint..

Speaker wire, buy some for axiom, or their rca cables, they have Very good quality on both speaker cables, and rca’s… never really see anyone reccomending axiom, but every review I have read for axiom cables has been very simmilar to their speaker reviews…

http://www.axiomaudio.com/coaxial.html