Hey Sand dude, welcome and can't wait for you to get your gear, you will be one happy camper. I'm no expert, but I'll try to help..

1) My basement recroom/HT area started as 30ft x 30ft x 9ft ceilings. I have added an AV closet which knocked off about 50 Sq Ft., but I'm still looking at 850+ Sq Ft, it is a huge room. My 60's do a wonderful job and play plenty loud. The sound of the 60's and 80's are very similar, the 80's just go to more insane volumes. Any Denon will drive the 4 ohm 80's with no problem, but I think you'll like the 60's, hint hint...

2) Make sure you have enough room/space for 4 Qs8's. To get the best experience, you want your rear channels to be behind you a bit and your left/right to be besides the listening area. How do you plan to mount the Q's?

3) This will be tuff without a drawing or pictures. Do you have any you can share. We can help show you how to post them if you need guidance. You want your mains to be spaced out, I would say at least 8ft or more if possible. The center you don't want to low, it is best if the center is as close as possible to the height of the tweeters on the mains. The Qs8's are very forgiving in regards to placement.

4) Unless you have a bunch of equipment that have HDMI output (satellite, dvd, cable, etc...) you can just run the HDMI connection from your dvd player to the tv, you don't have to go through the receiver. Hope I understand this question.

Make sure you order form the factory outlet if your not in a big hurry. You get 10% off regular prices, and if you buy 5 or more items, you get another 5%. Best thing, it is still new product, same warranty, same performance. You can read about it here http://www.axiomaudio.com/factoryoutlet.html

Most of us take this route, and I'm still looking for minor blemishes.

Randy

My website

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85