Thought some of you might be interested in seeing my room's FR graph. This was a project I did with my boys. It was pretty darn enlightening, though I'm also confused by a couple of things.

The Radio Shack SPL meter was on a tripod right at my usual listening position. The speakers are Axiom m22ti, mounted horizontally (tweeters in) about 7' high, toed in and pointing down slightly towards the listening area. They are approx 12 feet apart (need to check that again), and are about 16-17 feet from the primary listening spot.

The graph (all measurements were adjusted for the known RS deficiencies and are not raw measurements):

Couple of my takeaways:
1) My room (really my listening position!) is HOSED! Makes me think of Mark Johnson, whose room sucks. Well, my room seems to be sucking right at 250 Hz, a fairly important frequency. [Note: when I moved the meter several feet to the left or right, that frequency was greatly improved, so it is something specifically in my alleged sweet spot]

2) I'm running my sub a little hot, and I didn't think I was, so I need to make some adjustments

3) My sub (SVS 20-39pci) performs a better than I thought it did. I confess to some recent sub envy with everything I've been reading, but it appears to be performing pretty well. It sounds good on music & HT, but I still feel like I'm missing some slam and pressurization at the bottom end. The room is pretty darn large, and open in a way I can't close off. I probably need a multi-sub set-up if I want to achieve a stronger chest-thumping effect.

4) Man, stuff sure does rattle in my living room! 22.5 Hz was exciting one whole wall in particular. The inserts in the fireplace were buzzing/vibrating like crazy in the upper 30s.

Any other thoughts or observations? Suggestions, particularly with respect to the suckout @ 250Hz at my listening position?

Thanks,
Rich