Yes, I sure do love the 60" Sony. E-Ring had the WOW factor this evening. Its just like you are there fighting all the bad guys!

I have my OPPO video going directly to the Sony via a DVI/HDMI cable that was supplied by OPPO. I'm not sure if I would actually see any difference with component video, but why try it when you already have the DVI/ HDMI with the OPPO/ Sony combination? I have the audio going from the OPPO via an optical (audio) cable to the Onkyo receiver. Works just fine, sounds and looks GREAT.

Bug: I stopped looking at the Sony's "ears" and I don't notice them any more. I think that they may grow on you. LOL!!! I am really sold on the Sony's picture!!

By the way, I tried outputting both 480P and the 1080I from the OPPO to the Sony. I can't tell a difference. The Sony takes what it gets and then converts to 1080P. I'm not saying that there isn't a difference, only that I can't see a difference.

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV